SEO Essentials - Support Topic

2.3.0 was just released fixing the redirect issue mentioned by @John Horton .

Unfortunately my fix for the CiC google client issue didn't work as expected, so I disabled the feature temporary for Cloud Clients. This won't result in any data los since the application was only fetching and showing the stored data from Google without storying them locally.

I'm working on a proper solution and will release a new version ASAP it's done ( still expected in January! ) I'm really sorry for this.

Full Changelog: 

New Features

• A dead link detector was added in 2.3.0. Right now it's only logging the data when the page is visited instead of running automatically in the background because I'm scared of performance issues, but I'm experimenting on my own installations with different settings to see which one works the best. Experimental
  • Topics from specific authors can now also be flagged as not indexable.  Experimental
  • Renaming a topic can now optionally leave the old URL in place instead of changing the friendly URL which results in fewer redirects which google has to manage!

Fixed Bugs

• Fixed an issue in the redirect feature.

Additional Changes

The Google Search Console Feature was disabled temporary.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 11:06 PM, John Horton said:

@Daniel FI just purchased and installed ESO Essentials. 

I am a bit confused with the Google Search Console Authentication Key.

I'm confused too. Should I copy the whole stuff in json file in the ACP field? It's something like

{
  "type": "service_account",
  "project_id": "xxx",
  "private_key_id": "xxx",
  "private_key": "-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----\blablabla\n-----END PRIVATE KEY-----\n",
  "client_email": "xxx@y.zz",
  "client_id": "xxx",
  "auth_uri": "xxx",
  "token_uri": "xxx",
  "auth_provider_xxx": "xxx",
  "client_xxx_url": "xxx"
}

Google Search Console does not have any data in Site Analyzer.

13 minutes ago, Claudia999 said:

I'm confused too. Should I copy the whole stuff in json file in the ACP field? It's something like

{
  "type": "service_account",
  "project_id": "xxx",
  "private_key_id": "xxx",
  "private_key": "-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----\blablabla\n-----END PRIVATE KEY-----\n",
  "client_email": "xxx@y.zz",
  "client_id": "xxx",
  "auth_uri": "xxx",
  "token_uri": "xxx",
  "auth_provider_xxx": "xxx",
  "client_xxx_url": "xxx"
}

Google Search Console does not have any data in Site Analyzer.

Yes, the full string.

That's from my live board:
Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

1 hour ago, misfit76 said:

Custom Redirects do not seem to function. Here is the configuration.

I thought I tested the first link I set up, and it worked, but even that is not working at the moment.

Thank you,

Steve 

Could contain: Page, Text, Invoice, Document

1 hour ago, NZyan said:

Same here.

Could contain: Page, Text

I'm investigating this right now.

Last time the necessary code was missing from the hook

On 2/3/2023 at 8:00 PM, misfit76 said:

Custom Redirects do not seem to function. Here is the configuration.

I thought I tested the first link I set up, and it worked, but even that is not working at the moment.

Thank you,

Steve 

Could contain: Page, Text, Invoice, Document

On 2/3/2023 at 8:06 PM, NZyan said:

Same here.

Could contain: Page, Text

Are you both on the recent version?

3 hours ago, Claudia999 said:

@Daniel F Do you have an idea why we have no GSC data in Site Analyzer?

Are there any in GSC at all?
If yes, can you find any page which has guaranteed some data and open the Analyzer on such page?

I've had recently a client who moved his community from a subdomain to the main site without taking care of redirects, so it was logical that he had no results at all.

I have an application that used to have one path, but now it has changed, so i would need to rewrite things like

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/garage/vehicle/634-76-2002/ 

to 

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/collection/items/634-76-2002/

The path would be common for all items in the application, but the last part is the item's name. It would be great to have a rewrite that covers ll possible items.

steve 

• 3 months later...

Could contain: TextHere's one of the communities where I'm helping them to get back to top:D
But, it's important to note that this isn't ONLY the app! This app is just a tool assisting and helping you to get better, it's not just a one-click installation and you're done!

There's another one with an up trend, unfortunately I have no access to their GSC account to provide a new update.