SEO Essentials - Support Topic

Just for your information, if installed it throws out this one:

2C133/4 Die Anwendung, die Du zu installieren versuchst, scheint bereits installiert zu sein. Um die Anwendung neu zu installieren, musst Du sie zunächst deinstallieren.

When do you plan to release the broken link checker feature and may I ask for a suggestion. It would be very cool if it's then possible to have it auto deactivate those links? Like this? Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

Just for your information, if installed it throws out this one:

2C133/4 Die Anwendung, die Du zu installieren versuchst,

Are you on the cloud? If not, could you try to uninstall the app increase the memory limit ? I’ve noticed that some hosts have a problem with the big package. I have reduced it already extrem( from 50 MB to 10 MB) but will try to remove even more files from the google client library 

I would be curious to see if anyone has metrics from before using this plugin to metrics after it being implemented. I'm sure there is no doubt it works, I guess my question is to what extent it works. I understand that the quantitative degree it works is dependent upon the site itself, it's niche and activity levels, I'm just curious on any metrics to support the app is all. 

Thanks.

Edited by My Sharona
4 hours ago, beats23 said:

I don't know anything about SEO so I'm trying to understand the benefits of this app.

Will this app make content posted in IPS pages and forum show up on google search engine much better when someone searches in google? 

I'll be honest:

It can help, but it can also hurt you extreme! One wrong click in the settings and you'll probably lose a bunch of existing results.(That said, this can already happen with the default IPS 😄 ) but since my app is more powerful and includes a bunch of preconfigured features which can be enabled with just one click, it can also cause a lot of harm with only one click!

One example which really bothers me right now are the no index settings.
The upcoming December release will include the no index settings for forums, so one accidental click, one unintentionally marked forum and all indexed topics could disappear from Google in the future and it could take some time until they get indexed again one you noticed and fixed your mistake.Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

But that's just one part of the app:)

There are also few other features which are handy and which could improve the result on the SERP ( Search Engine Result Page) or the UX when a link is shared somewhere, but that's just a small bunch right now, but I promise that a lot more is coming(36 items are right now on my todo list for Q1 2023 ) 😄. Especially the inline linking improvements are something what I'm really excited about. More TBA 🙂

The holidays are going to be a busy time:)
My todo list for the next 2 months

CleanShot 2022-11-26 at 19.35.47@2x.png

5 hours ago, My Sharona said:

I would be curious to see if anyone has metrics from before using this plugin to metrics after it being implemented. I'm sure there is no doubt it works, I guess my question is to what extent it works. I understand that the quantitative degree it works is dependent upon the site itself, it's niche and activity levels, I'm just curious on any metrics to support the app is all. 

Thanks.

It's tricky to show results. SEO is a long ongoing process, things don't change overnight but here's with permission of the client a project where I'm kind of a SEO & tech consultant. You can def. see a trend in the last 3 months:)

Could contain: File, Text

It's important to understand that it's not only the result of the application, also the theme was optimized and they started with content optimization.

I can guarantee that such results are also possible without this application, but it’s easier and less hassle. 

1 hour ago, Daniel F said:

It's tricky to show results. SEO is a long ongoing process, things don't change overnight but here's with permission of the client a project where I'm kind of a SEO & tech consultant. You can def. see a trend in the last 3 months:)

Could contain: File, Text

It's important to understand that it's not only the result of the application, also the theme was optimized and they started with content optimization.

I can guarantee that such results are also possible without this application, but it’s easier and less hassle. 

Thanks, much appreciated. Also appreciate the caveat that it is not solely the result of the App.

Here is my quandary (I would appreciate your thoughts if you're so inclined). I have spent a considerable amount of time and effort on my SEO, myself. I have it where I am consistently ranked top #2 for the top ten keywords in my niche. Attaining the #1 position anytime soon in those rankings is not really feasible with the other considerations #1 possesses. I shouldn't complain too hard here though, being within the initial viewport is quite okay at this moment.

So armed with that understanding and information, I believe I am better served at this point by trying to expand the ranking of other various keywords. However, it is my belief that due to the hierarchy of those other keywords, it would entail considerable more effort to get near the same impact as the energy expended to attain the ranking within those top ten keywords. 

If I am understanding this tool correctly, it would make those subsequent efforts less than they would normally otherwise would be. Additionally, not sure I understand all the operations and desired settings but, as has already been displayed, I'm sure reasonable help would be forth coming.

I have not figured out Google News and Google Discover yet but my understanding is slowly improving.

One last question for now I guess. This is stated as being for 4.7.x, what happens when 4.8.x comes out?

Thanks for your attention here Daniel, much appreciated.

Edited by My Sharona

If anybody else is curious about the fix

18 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

OK.

1. Disable the "Enable Background Analyzer" feature. It's on the settings page under the "Experimental Features" tab

2. Run following query to delete the tasks:

DELETE FROM core_queue WHERE app='seoessentials'

2.2.0 was released yesterday( I forgot to change the version number, so there's a new update but wit the same file as yesterday🥺 )

This release fixes a issue wit the google search console integration and I was able to decrease the package size to < 7MB.

Next to the minor improvements, this release also includes a link inside the analytics form to open the live meta tag editor, a new setting in the ACP to flag whole forums and it's topics as no index and the UGC attribute can now be set on a per user group basis.

1245016492_CleanShot2022-11-18at07_47_52

Last but not least, there's now also a button on the settings page to disable the experimental background site analyzer, which will also prune all created background tasks.Could contain: Page, Text, File

• 4 weeks later...

There's a known issue with the incompatibility with the IPS cloud, that said, the issue was identified and it seems that I've finally fixed it, but it needs some further testing to make sure that it won't happen again. A new version resolving the issue should be released next week!

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

The upcoming release will include a feature to NOT update the URL when the topic title changes, which has the benefit that the old url is kept instead of having a 301 redirect to the new URL !

Unfortunately it's a global setting, so in the first version it won't be possible to set if it should be changed or not(like there are legit reasons where you would want to change it), but it's on the TODO list for one of the upcoming releases.

I don't remember who requested it via PM, but here we go:) Happy New Year!

Could contain: Page, Text, Pc, Electronics, Computer, File

@Daniel FI just purchased and installed ESO Essentials. 

I am a bit confused with the Google Search Console Authentication Key. Years ago I verified my domain with Google Search Console by putting an HTML file in my root directory but your instructions send me down a totally different path. Also what I see when I follow the link in your instructions does not look like what is in your instructions. 

8 hours ago, John Horton said:

@Daniel FI just purchased and installed ESO Essentials. 

I am a bit confused with the Google Search Console Authentication Key. Years ago I verified my domain with Google Search Console by putting an HTML file in my root directory but your instructions send me down a totally different path. Also what I see when I follow the link in your instructions does not look like what is in your instructions. 

Were you using this https://docs.danielf.dev/seo-essentials/google-search-console-setup ?

The link sends me to https://console.cloud.google.com/marketplace/product/google/searchconsole.googleapis.com?q=search&referrer=search&project=danielf

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

Which is exactly what you need to create the credentials so that my app can fetch the data.

Once you're on the page you need to use the "Manage" Button to get to:

Could contain: Text, File, Webpage, Page

22 minutes ago, John Horton said:

Also, I tried to add a custom redirect and it does not work. The url does not change and I get the 404 page.

Could you send me a PM with the URL to your community and an admin account with permissions to manage the redirects so that I can take a look at this.

Thanks.