SEO Essentials - Support Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just purchased – very cool.

A few questions and remarks:

How do I access the Site Analyzer? Link from page in user menu not available.

Where does the plug-in access and use the Search Console data?

The custom redirect isn't working for me – in my case an old RSS link.

The analysis side for single topics is great, a direct link for an edit page would be great („Launch Live Tag Editor“ for this page)

Andreas

2 hours ago, NZyan said:

How do I access the Site Analyzer? Link from page in user menu not available.

It's visible for admins right now ( Next version will have a moderator permission for this )

2 hours ago, NZyan said:

Where does the plug-in access and use the Search Console data?

Have you set up the connection. The setting description is linking to the instructions https://doc.clickup.com/2601780/p/h/2fctm-704/bfeebbe1d06169a/2fctm-1901

2 hours ago, NZyan said:

The analysis side for single topics is great, a direct link for an edit page would be great („Launch Live Tag Editor“ for this page)

It's planned https://github.com/users/DanielFatkic/projects/6/views/1 🙂

41 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

You need to set the permissions!

So I did. Admin account with unrestricted access. Just created a new admin with explicit full access to SEO Essentials – still no entry in the menu.

42 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Have you set up the connection.

That's what I did. JSON from Google API service entered in the field in the ACP settings.

45 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

It's planned

Top!

A bit confusing, but this setting is also correct AFAICS:

• Usergroup Administrators have unrestricted moderator permissions
  • A new admin account just got individual permissions – still no Site Analyzer link

Just to be clear:

The entry „Toggle indexability“ in Moderator actions is visible. But link Site Analyzer in the user menu is still not there.

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

The November release is available for everybody with an active purchase:)

It includes a brand-new analyzer overview page which is going to include all your public pages and the SEO test results/ healthcare.

This is an experimental feature right now, because it still needs some optimizations for really big boards, but it was well tested with one community with almost 1 000 000 posts.

Could contain: File, Monitor, Screen, Electronics, Hardware, Computer Hardware, Webpage, Page, Text, Person

Another minor but important feature is the UGC attribute which will be added to any new links in your content.
https://developers.google.com/search/docs/crawling-indexing/qualify-outbound-links

Full Change Log:

New Features
New Health Check  => Disable Guest Signature
There's now a background Task which runs the site analyzer for all sites.
The "ugc" attribute will be added automatically to any external link in posts (only for future content of if you run a content rebuild)

Fixed Bugs
Improved the permission check for the frontend site analyzer link in the member menu.
Added missing admin permission language strings.
Fixed the Twitter Card Image for CMS Records.

2 hours ago, Daddy said:

So I added my google console key and was wondering what exactly does that provide?

You're able to see the current pages keywords and the avg position where it ranks on Google.

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage, Person, Wheel, Machine

In a future release we'll log the keywords and use them to generate automatic/semo automatic internal links to get even a much better boost

10 hours ago, Daniel F said:

You're able to see the current pages keywords and the avg position where it ranks on Google.

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage, Person, Wheel, Machine

In a future release we'll log the keywords and use them to generate automatic/semo automatic internal links to get even a much better boost

Ah never thought to look there. That's quite impressive. I don't usually use Analyzer because it feels a bit clunky atm. If it's possible to integrate it to always show, kind of like the meta editor or block manager that would be fantastic

13 hours ago, Daddy said:

Ah never thought to look there. That's quite impressive. I don't usually use Analyzer because it feels a bit clunky atm. If it's possible to integrate it to always show, kind of like the meta editor or block manager that would be fantastic

That's not related to Google Analytics:)

Google Search Console is something own. Quote from another site:

Despite their similarities, however, they aren't the same. Google Search Console helps you monitor your website's performance generally and in search engine results. Google Analytics helps you learn more about your users, including who they are, how they found you, and how they interact with your website.

Here's my public roadmap https://github.com/users/DanielFatkic/projects/6 

As you see, there's a task to improve the frontend experience and to integrate it better into the Live Editor in IPS.

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/----/public_html/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(26): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('265')
#1 /home/----/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\seoessentials_hook_forums_module_topic->manage()
#2 /home/----/public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/----/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/----/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#5 /home/----/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Happened on a random thread URL. Going to the URL shows the error as well and does not load the thread. Disabling the application shows a page does not exist error. Pretty sure the thread was deleted at some point but the error persists

Special Offer until next Monday 28. Nov 2022:

Pay once 150$ and get guaranteed support for the whole IPS 4.x lifetime without any additional renewal fees!
It sounds like a bad deal,  but if you take a look at the release history, you'll notice that I'm having a monthly release cycle with this app with guaranteed new features and bugfixes.

More about my commitment and support guarantee: https://danielf.dev/community/commitment

2 minutes ago, Dll said:

Do you have any plans to add the noindex option to whole forums at all? This would be quite useful for us. 

So literally every topic in the specific forums would be visible to guests, but wouldn’t appear in the Sitemap and wouldn’t be indexable? Sounds reasonable!