Error manually installing marketplace plugin WordPress SSO v.1.2.3

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

I have a problem upgrading my WordPress SSO plugin (see marketplace) from v1.2.2 to version 1.2.3. After trying to upload the xml-file for the first time the following error message appears:

Could contain: Text

When clicking on "upload a new version", however, another error message is displayed:

Could contain: Text

I do not see any means to upgrade via the Marketplace. What can I do? The problem is somehow critical since the new PHP8 Compatibility Scanner won't allow v1.2.2 ...

On 9/27/2022 at 9:16 AM, DawPi said:

You can't upgrade items (apps&plugin) manually if they are marked as from Marketplace. You must do it via Marketplace area in the ACP - if the autor update it first here of course.

Thanks a lot, @DawPi! I checked, but could not find the plugin there. It is called WordPress SSO v1.2.3 - therefore I do not seem to be able to upgrade at all?

36 minutes ago, stoo2000 said:

I'm really confused why this topic even exists since we've talked via PM before this.

Sorry, I forgot since I was still trying to update to v1.2.3 and thought I might work somehow.

41 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

This probably ?

Yes, exactly. But somehow I cannot find it on the Marketplace via the ACP.

• Solution
4 hours ago, Utz Klöppelt said:

Yes, exactly. But somehow I cannot find it on the Marketplace via the ACP.

This application is flagged as being compatible only with IPB 4.4.  As a result, it won't show in the Marketplace ACP.  It only shows resources that are flagged as compatible with the major version you're running (4.7 hopefully).

You need to contact the author for assistance as they're the only ones that can ensure their application works with the current versions of IPB and set the flag that notes it as compatible with the current versions.  

Edited by Randy Calvert