EU VAT number check fails every time

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

Hi,

I'm trying to get the EU VAT feature working in the Commerce application, but the VAT number check fails every single time, even though the VAT numbers I tested are valid according to the official VIES VAT check.

Is there something else I need to set up, or is this a bug? I'm using the latest version of Invision.

I always wonder how you decide what ends up being a patch and what is added to some future updates. 

Clients abandoning a purchase because the sign-up form is faulty seems a crucial bug to me and I would rather expect it to be something that needs fixing as soon as possible. After all, this can cost us money and clients. 

In the same spirit, I would have expected this significant visual bug to be a quick patch and that didn’t even make it in the release that followed the acknowledgement of the bug. I have this problem now across multiple websites since July with thousands of visitors accessing these faulty pages and so far I don’t even know if it will be in the next monthly release. 

Podcast Dont Get It GIF by John Crist Comedy 

Edited by opentype