How to disable new search system ?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

• Solution

The only way you would be able to disable search completely would be to disable content discovery. However that would disable many search areas, including streams. You would do this by removing module permissions

You can disable search entirely by disabling the search module. Please see the guide below on how to do this

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/how-to-use-ips-community-suite/managing-members/member-permissions-r305/

1 hour ago, Marco Junior said:

My theme is custom then I have a problem with the theme, is it possible to disable search?

The "effect" visible in your screenshot was reported on Ehren's support forum too on 4.7.0 theme applied to 4.7.1 software. The fix is to revert the following template: core > front > global > quickSearch. Or reinstall a theme from scratch.

Just now, Marco Junior said:

Theme updates could be approved faster.
Even disabling the feature or using the original theme code I'm having problems I bought another theme from the marketplace but I always get the same response from the developers that I need to wait for the IPS to accept the update.

While I understand your concern, please do bare in mind that if we release an update that affects every theme, then every theme author will submit a new version of every one of their themes. This is in addition to updated applications and plugins. These things do take time to go through.

If you have items that your site relies on, you should really check there are updates for these before updating your site.

And why not automate it? It wouldn't be easier and more practical to let the system accept these updates automatically.
Since there is a high demand for apps and themes is better than making customers wait for weeks after a theme or app update.

I believe that with a good team of developers it would not be a problem for you to automate sending updates to the marketplace.

10 minutes ago, Marco Junior said:

And why not automate it? It wouldn't be easier and more practical to let the system accept these updates automatically.
Since there is a high demand for apps and themes is better than making customers wait for weeks after a theme or app update.

I believe that with a good team of developers it would not be a problem for you to automate sending updates to the marketplace.

This is something whereby the code is looked at by a developer. This is not something that can be automated.