Search UI

AlexJ

Noticed update in release notes for Search UI. 

1. Just showing 3-4 letters as a part of search is not a good idea. I am using 2K monitor. Can we please improve UI for Search?

2. Also needs to be multi-select -> User is not going to search one time in pages and then in topics for example. Default can be: ALL but rest all multiselect option.

Thanks. 

Could contain: Text

Edited by AlexJ

6 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

Noticed update in release notes for Search UI. 

Just showing 3-4 letters as a part of search is not a good idea. I am using 2K monitor. Can we please improve UI for Search? Thanks. 

We're using a custom theme, we need to make a few adjustments.

It looks like this in the default theme

Could contain: Text, Word, Home Decor, Number, Symbol, Baseball Bat, Team, Sport, Sports

Just now, Stuart Silvester said:

We're using a custom theme, we need to make a few adjustments.

It looks like this in the default theme

Could contain: Text, Word, Home Decor, Number, Symbol, Baseball Bat, Team, Sport, Sports

Is it multiselect with Everywhere/All has default? I added 2nd point while you responded so if you can please share an update on selection - that would be great. 

How does the drop down look in default theme?  

Thanks

4 hours ago, AlexJ said:

Is it multiselect with Everywhere/All has default? I added 2nd point while you responded so if you can please share an update on selection - that would be great. 

How does the drop down look in default theme?  

Thanks

The pre-selected option is contextual depending on the page that the user is viewing. This is very similar to how it used to work in 3.x and early versions of 4.x.

It's simply exposing the content types available on the advanced search page (of which only one can be selected), so they're more accessible from all pages - https://invisioncommunity.com/search

9 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

The pre-selected option is contextual depending on the page that the user is viewing. This is very similar to how it used to work in 3.x and early versions of 4.x.

5 hours ago, Ehren said:

Thanks guys - the width of the search menu has been increased here. I have a few slight improvements I'd like to make which I'll discuss with the rest of the team shortly.

Are we going to loose below current existing nice drop with new one which looks ugly + limited in functionality? 

Could contain: Text, Mobile Phone, Cell Phone, Electronics, Phone

11 hours ago, Ehren said:

Thanks guys - the width of the search menu has been increased here. I have a few slight improvements I'd like to make which I'll discuss with the rest of the team shortly.

Far too wide and in your face now

Edited by marklcfc