PHP upgrade - v7.4.3 to v8.0.0 - server 500 error

Go to solution Solved by commandosqueak1,

@commandosqueak1 when you access the server do you have access to easyapache4 under software? 

If so this should be able to be fixed fairly easily and quickly 

They are taking the pee! this must be the worst host in history! 

with easyapache you just need to run through the full setup selecting the modules that you require 

If you wish for us to troubleshoot your software, there is a billable fee.

They like joking it seems. The problem is that PHP is not configured properly, the software has nothing to do with it. 🤨

I'm gonna ask just in case: have you provided them a link to the ips4.php file on the server where it shows the extensions are missing? If you already did and they still keep insisting it's the software I would just have them change you back to PHP 7.4 to get the site back online and then change hosting.

So the hosting company replied. 

Hello
http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/info.php is showing all installed and within php.

Checking via SSH, we also confirm they are all installed:
[root@server ~]# rpm -q ea-php80-php-gd
ea-php80-php-gd-8.0.21-1.2.2.cpanel.x86_64
[root@server ~]# nano /opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/etc/php.ini
[root@server ~]# rpm -q ea-php80-php-gd
ea-php80-php-gd-8.0.21-1.2.2.cpanel.x86_64
[root@server ~]# rpm -q ea-php80-php-mbstring
ea-php80-php-mbstring-8.0.21-1.2.2.cpanel.x86_64
[root@server ~]# rpm -q ea-php80-php-mysqlnd
ea-php80-php-mysqlnd-8.0.21-1.2.2.cpanel.x86_64
[root@server ~]# rpm -q ea-php80-php-xml
ea-php80-php-xml-8.0.21-1.2.2.cpanel.x86_64

I have also forced a update via /scripts/upcp --force which forces a EasyApache and cPanel update, which completed successfully, yet your ips4.php still continues to show none of them are loaded

Just to be sure its loading correctly, I have wrote a script at www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/test.php. It uses the extension_loaded function of PHP (https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.extension-loaded.php) to return a 1 if the module is installed and loaded into php, and returns no result if its not. In this case, I purposely uninstalled GMP since its not required so that it would return a null result so you could verify for yourself that we are working with the real php config and it is working as it is expected and this appears to be software related.

To be honest im at the point where i just want it sorted. im going to speak to the management team to authorise payment and get this fixed then jump ship ASAP

1 hour ago, commandosqueak1 said:

So the hosting company replied. 

To be honest im at the point where i just want it sorted. im going to speak to the management team to authorise payment and get this fixed then jump ship ASAP

As per the pm I sent to you I'm more than happy to take a look for you before you pay any money to them 

36 minutes ago, commandosqueak1 said:

is there written guidance for moving to a new server? oh and i now have root access.

It's fairly straightforward to be honest usually your new host can do it much quicker and easier 

But if are only bothered about the forum then a straight dump of the database via phpmyadmin and download the files then uo load the files to the new server and use something like bigdump for the database as it has to be done in stages otherwise the import will time out 

5 hours ago, stu_m said:

@commandosqueak1 I see you have it up and running well done 👍

Did you just install all the modules that was required? 

Oops read rest the topic 

i broke it again lol i chmoded the whole server! only supposed to be the directory i was in. live and learn. although they managed to fix that for now i have problem with upgrade failing so will create a new topic for that.