is cloudflare really have to avoided when using with IPB or rocket loader alone have to disabled

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

• Solution

Sorry, we are not CloudFlare subject matter experts so would not be able to answer any questions about their platform. I would advise disabling anything which is creating issues for you, however. If you’re struggling to get CloudFlare to work for you, I would advise disabling it. 

You can use whatever you like.  However when you run into problems or need assistance, IPS staff will ask you to disable it.  As they can't support third party systems/services, they will want the site to be as vanilla as possible.  

The reason being is that many/most problems are attributed to things outside of their control such as 3rd party plugins/applications, or server firewalls (mod_security, etc).

If you're using the CF WAF for example, there might be situations where a legitimate action is blocked because the WAF thinks it is an attack when it's simply just a false positive.  Trying to troubleshoot that kind of issue is not in the realm of what they provide support for, so the request becomes to disable it to confirm it's not a problem.  

Just now, Hisashi said:

Sorry to hijack the topic, I have this option enabled in cloudflare and there's nothing wrong. What is the problem with this tool?

I have tried it both ways, but I found it messing with something updating on my site. It messed with the JavaScript loading. Same thing when I was on Xenforo. I also ran some speed tests with and without it enabled and it really didn't make that big of a difference. To each his own, I guess.

On 7/29/2022 at 5:45 PM, Hisashi said:

Sorry to hijack the topic, I have this option enabled in cloudflare and there's nothing wrong. What is the problem with this tool?

Generally, it breaks javascript. We have found this to be the case on numerous occasions. If its working for you, great. However if you have problems, its very likely that is going to be the cause.

When using cloudflare, the one thing you have to bear in mind is if you have issues we will ask you to disable it entirely for testing. So you should ensure you can do this relatively easily. It is worth noting that quite a high percentage of issues we come across are caused by the use of cloudflare. This is not to say there aren't people using it without issues, as you can see above. Just something to bear in mind.