Adding Technical Support To My License

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello, 

Quick question, I require some technical assistance which looks like you now have to pay for as its not covered under standard. I took a quick google on how to add this as per: 

However I am not seeing this in my area as below. 

Could contain: Text, File, Page

Any idea ? 

Many thanks,
P

1 minute ago, panzerscope said:

Hello, 

Quick question, I require some technical assistance which looks like you now have to pay for as its not covered under standard. I took a quick google on how to add this as per: 

However I am not seeing this in my area as below. 

Could contain: Text, File, Page

Any idea ? 

Many thanks,
P

It is not currently offered any more by IPS.

• Solution

Support is still covered under self-hosted licenses. The avenue to receive support has only changed. Our same staff will be here to assist you in this forum for any software support needs. Our staff has access to the client area to obtain secure access to your access details you provide and we can escalate your ticket, should it require doing so.

What is it that you require support for? We’re here to help 🙂

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Support is still covered under self-hosted licenses. The avenue to receive support has only changed. Our same staff will be here to assist you in this forum for any software support needs. Our staff has access to the client area to obtain secure access to your access details you provide and we can escalate your ticket, should it require doing so.

I thought priority support was no longer offered?

1 minute ago, The Dark Wizard said:

I thought priority support was no longer offered?

The original client was incorrectly assuming that priority support was the only way to receive support, I was correcting that assumption. I never stated that priority support was or was not offered. However, we only offer support which is conduct through our forum here (there is no priority support).

Just now, Jim M said:

The original client was incorrectly assuming that priority support was the only way to receive support, I was correcting that assumption. I never stated that priority support was or was not offered. However, we only offer support which is conduct through our forum here (there is no priority support).

Right, thank you 🙂

On 7/20/2022 at 7:48 PM, Jim M said:

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Basically we recently migrated our forums from one server to another, essentially just moved from dedicated hosting to VPS hosting. However since doing so, we are experiencing some issues. We have tried the standard avenues of disabling all 3rd part plugins, clearing system caches and ensuring our CloudFlare service was disabled. However the issues persist, we even completely re-installed our VPS server to make sure that was not an issue.

We are seeing lots of 404 related errors which we cannot resolve at a server level and believe there must be something wrong with the software, or we are simply missing something.

For example. 

In AdminCP, If I run a search, say for a username the system stalls and generates the following errors: 

Could contain: Word, Page, Text, Document, Menu, Label

I can also just be browsing AdminCP and just get the following, where it cuts out completely: 

Could contain: Text, Electronics

The 404 errors can also be replicated when on the "Marketplace" section of AdminCP. When searching for something I get the following: 

Could contain: Page, Text, Document, Word, Menu, Paper

Furthermore, though less "breaking", is if I am on a page and I scroll up and down, I will continually generate the following errors: 

Could contain: Text, Page, Menu, Label

Ultimately, whatever is causing the 404 errors is the main concern as it is breaking backend and front end items. 

It would be great if we can have someone come in and have a look. I did fill out all the Access details in our client area for the server access as well as supplying an admin login for IPS. 

Let me know what the next steps are 🙂

Many thanks,

P

7 minutes ago, Jim M said:

When I renamed your .htaccess file, I am no longer encountering these errors. I would suggest removing everything in your .htaccess file except for our URL rewrites and try again.

Something looks to be redirecting or mis-interrupting requests there.

Hello Jim, 

We tried this with having just a .htaccess file with the below, but we still see the issues we were having before. Any idea ?

## IPS Suite Forum SEO
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options -MultiViews
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule \.(js|css|jpeg|jpg|gif|png|ico|map)(\?|$) /404error.php [L,NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
## End IPS Suite Forum SEO

This is so strange. I have just tried on a completely different machine on a completely different internet connection, using Chrome Incognito/Firefox and still the same issues.  

I am not arguing, just that I cannot replicate the good state you are seeing. I have also had some colleagues in different geolocations try, they see the same issues.  

We will run through going back to IPS stock, and run through everything systematically to see if that solves anything.

I can't explain what is happening either. Everything is fine from this end. If it was a software issue, I would expect it to remain an issue regardless. 

If you're using a load balancer, CloudFlare, proxies, etc..., I would suggest reducing your complexity and making things simpler to get it working then add in complexity.

Just now, A Zayed said:

I can confirm that 404 error, for ACP live search:

Could contain: Text, File, Word, Page

The main concern is that, for some reason, if you're installing/upgrading app or plugin, if the installer ajax wizard failed, you got thrown to front-end with an error of "The page you requested doesn't exist".

The question, Why ajax requests fail sometimes?

@Jim M 

Just so you know I am working With A Zayed regarding my issues 🙂

22 minutes ago, A Zayed said:

I can confirm that 404 error, for ACP live search:

Could contain: Text, File, Word, Page

The main concern is that, for some reason, if you're installing/upgrading app or plugin, if the installer ajax wizard failed, you got thrown to front-end with an error of "The page you requested doesn't exist".

The question, Why ajax requests fail sometimes?

This would be a server problem if you’re being directed elsewhere. Typically, this is encountered with mod_security and other security modules.

13 hours ago, A Zayed said:

mod_security is disabled now, but the live search 404 issue still there.

I'm afraid, you will want to continue to simplify your environment as I am unable to reproduce this. It seems each step that you're taking to simplify it keeps removing errors so if you are unable to find any errors logs, simplifying it down to a basic server may be your only choice. If you have any caching, at any level, you will want to disable it completely.

You may wish to check all server permissions, including file/folder ownership as that may impact things additionally. While I would expect this to be a global issue, it may be further impacted if there is any caching.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

Hello all, 

We found the cause of the issue, it was one of the 3rd party plugins indeed. It was a "Back To Top" plugin that was causing a big headache. We also made some adjustments to mod_security and HTaccess. All seems well at the moment. I appreciate the help very much!

All the best,
P