bug? php 8.0 error - user with no timezone

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

occasionally get the below error

triggered it seems if no timezone is  present in the users ipsTimezone cookie

[22-May-2022 05:25:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property "timezone" on null in /home/huh/html/system/Member/Member.php:183
Stack trace:
#0 /home/huh/html/system/Log/Log.php(107): IPS\_Member::loggedIn()
#1 /home/huh/html/init.php(1015): IPS\_Log::log()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#3 {main}
  thrown in /home/huh/html/system/Member/Member.php on line 183

looks like this is now causing the php error in Php 8.0

if ( !static::$loggedInMember->member_id and isset( \IPS\Request::i()->cookie['ipsTimezone'] ) )
            {
                static::$loggedInMember->timezone = \IPS\Request::i()->cookie['ipsTimezone'];
            }

Edited by sound

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

15 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

hey Marc, some misunderstanding here

am just informing you/invision of a possible bug with the software

No real wish for any work/access on own live server

Just letting you know

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Are you going along with that?

Here is an example of my update trial to php8.0 from my php logs:

[Sun Oct 02 18:32:40.198311 2022] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 61137:tid 34386205184] [client **********:56899] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property "timezone" on null in /www/system/Member/Member.php:198\nStack trace:\n#0 /www/system/Log/Log.php(107): IPS\\_Member::loggedIn()\n#1 /www/init.php(1029): IPS\\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')\n#2 [internal function]: IPS\\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))\n#3 {main}\n  thrown in /www/system/Member/Member.php on line 198'

Have blank page instead of the website by the way, haven´t figured out yet, what caused that.

A default timezone is set in php.ini:

Default timezone  Europe/Berlin

• 3 months later...
On 5/31/2022 at 11:16 AM, Matt said:

I've raised an internal bug report for this, thanks for reporting.

Also seeing this after moving the website from cpanel to virtualmin.

In my case opening the admin login page immediately told me a database table core_theme_settings_fields relating to was missing and somehow throwing this error exact message in the php error logs!

So something to note as an indirect cause of that error message I guess. I've put the error log message below (that is now resolved), in case line 205 is another bug that needs fixing (or not).

[14-Jan-2023 22:34:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property "timezone" on null in /home/markstreeton/public_html/system/Member/Member.php:205
Stack trace:
#0 /home/markstreeton/public_html/system/Log/Log.php(107): IPS\_Member::loggedIn()
#1 /home/markstreeton/public_html/init.php(1034): IPS\_Log::log()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#3 {main}
  thrown in /home/markstreeton/public_html/system/Member/Member.php on line 205

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Its actually a PHP bug. We have worked around this in the next upcoming release

Actually i got this while working at my local machine. As per the comments on the forum, I restarted my system and i am getting below issue.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

Can you please suggest something? My all the efforts for the hook and local setup gets wasted. 

Edited by Jyoti Rani

• 2 months later...