"Notifications and Messages" buttons messed up.

Go to solution Solved by Schaken,

I noticed recently on my website, when i click either of these two buttons, the cool "pop up" box that normally shows quickly goes away, and takes me to the full page. I spent hours trying to find the cause, So I went here to ask a friend, and turns out that even this website is doing it, so it seems to be that the latest update caused this. I apologize if this was already posted somewhere, I went thru a few pages and did not see anything like it before posting.

Has anyone else noticed and possibly found a fix?

• Solution

I am sorry Jim. I should have kept on tampering before running to your team and crying wolf. The issue turned out being something from a previous update in one of my 3rd party plugins. A simple cache update (Community wide) and on my website solved the issue. When everyone was reporting it, and i went to this site and the same thing happened, I put the two together and thought it has to be the framework, but that was not the case. I apologize.

22 hours ago, Schaken said:

I am sorry Jim. I should have kept on tampering before running to your team and crying wolf. The issue turned out being something from a previous update in one of my 3rd party plugins. A simple cache update (Community wide) and on my website solved the issue. When everyone was reporting it, and i went to this site and the same thing happened, I put the two together and thought it has to be the framework, but that was not the case. I apologize.

This is also happening on my forum. Can you tell me which plugin was causing the issue because I can't seem to find a resolution for it?

This also happens when I click on reactions next to posts.

4 hours ago, Mick79 said:

This is also happening on my forum. Can you tell me which plugin was causing the issue because I can't seem to find a resolution for it?

This also happens when I click on reactions next to posts.

Well, I was talking about this to a friend, and he believes it is due to a new security edit that was made by Microsoft Edge, and google chrome. I just tested it and went to FireFox and the problem went away. It seems to be limited to specifically those two browsers.

The latest update with google chrome and Microsoft Edge is what happened, so as other people update their browsers, this could become a problem, but then again, the browser developers may have messed up. It is hard to say what exactly is going on until more testing by people who know more then myself.

Again, I know nothing of any of this, I just helped test theories and my friend believes this is the case.

13 hours ago, Mick79 said:

This is also happening for reports, messages and pretty much anything to pops up.

I noticed that behavior here yesterday, but that was addressed and today all the menus work.

If you are still seeing that happen here, please do a hard refresh of your browser (CTRL-F5 on PC, CMD-Shift-R on Mac).

10 minutes ago, Mark H said:

I noticed that behavior here yesterday, but that was addressed and today all the menus work.

If you are still seeing that happen here, please do a hard refresh of your browser (CTRL-F5 on PC, CMD-Shift-R on Mac).

I just now tested it, I did not refresh, it is working on this site as of right now.
ALSO I tried after a refresh, works. Awesome!
Did the team find a solution already?

11 hours ago, Mark H said:

Thanks I have done so, the behaviour is still happening on my site and users have also mentioned it.

Ok, so here is the deal. Some people may still be experiencing this bug, it was an issue with Microsoft edge, and Google Chrome only. they updated their privacy and it interfered with this, its not just here, but on MANY sites that had issues now, so Microsoft Edge and Chrome both updated with a fix, sealing the security issue thru a different route, so IF you still have this issue, just update your browser, it is fixed, and confirmed now. WORSE case Scenario, clear your personal browser cache.

6 hours ago, Schaken said:

Ok, so here is the deal. Some people may still be experiencing this bug, it was an issue with Microsoft edge, and Google Chrome only. they updated their privacy and it interfered with this, its not just here, but on MANY sites that had issues now, so Microsoft Edge and Chrome both updated with a fix, sealing the security issue thru a different route, so IF you still have this issue, just update your browser, it is fixed, and confirmed now. WORSE case Scenario, clear your personal browser cache.

Thank you for returning with your comments there. This has also been being seen in firefox, so seems all the major browsers have tried to update something and broke everything LOL. All good fun 🙂 Glad you managed to get yourself sorted in any case