Subscription buttons don't show up.

Hi all,

I've got a weird head-scratching problem and I hope someone can help me figure this out.
One of my ex-customers likes to sign up again for my forum. However according to this customer, and the screenshot send to me, are the subscription buttons not showing up.

I checked this as far as I could on my side on Mac OS X, Opera, Firefox Safari and Chrome, and on the PC side win11 Opera, Firefox Safari and Chrome. And for me it all seems to work and these buttons do show up.

I asked my ex-customer to remove any and all extensions or ad-ons including adblock and to try a different browser, but the subscription buttons still don't show up for the customer.

I also checked if I maybe had this customer blocked or flagged on my side but everything looks normal as far as I can tell.

Anyone any idea what at this customer (on windows) side could block my forums subscription buttons?

Thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, riko said:

I checked this as far as I could on my side on Mac OS X, Opera, Firefox Safari and Chrome, and on the PC side win11 Opera, Firefox Safari and Chrome.

Did you do that with the function to login as the user? That would be advised. 

If you can replicate it this way, it’s probably an expired invoice on file which prevents the new subscription. 

56 minutes ago, riko said:

Hi thank you for chiming in. 

I had no Idea I could login as this user. Ok, I see the "sign in as (name)", but uhm, how do I get passed the password check? 

You would enter your administrator credentials there 🙂 

1 hour ago, riko said:

Ok, I can confirm the trouble this client has.

Any idea how I solve this? The subscription it self reads 'Your subscription has expired,' but that's it.  
Any idea how to get the sign up buttons back?

You would need to raise a new invoice for that subscription in the admin CP, or remove the subscription which will then allow for repurchase

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the help.

I'm a bit confused with the offered solutions, lets go with the 'remove the subscription which will then allow for repurchase' part. How and where do I do that. What do I remove? 

But that's just it, this customer has no subscription running.  :) 

He signed up in 2019 for 6 month's non-recurring then when that ran out he was demoted by the system back to the non-paying members group. There's nothing I can find that links him to be having an active subscription. I deleted the last invoice, thinking that might trigger the buttons to come back but that had effect.

I just followed the instructions at the admin center;

If Invision Community Staff requires access to your community, please click here to create an administrator account.

Things where a lot easier before...
It is all so unclear to me. It feels like hurdle after hurdle are thrown up. In the past this would had been solved by now.

Ok I just read the PM, it mentions a ticket, what ticket? And this guide. As staff this is apparently crystal clear for you, for me, I haven't got the slightest idea where to look for this "guide".

I feel really stupid right now...

Hello,

Sorry there was some confusion here. I thought I had passed you the guide. Here it is

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/client-services/getting-support-r292/#access

With regard this part

Things where a lot easier before...

The process of giving access hasnt changed for a long long time. To the degree Im not sure its actually been any different ever since I have worked for IPS

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, riko said:

Giant face palm, sorry I didn't include the clients name.

I just wish I knew where to find the ticket, I've been to my admin, client area, manage purchases, my details... 

I just don't see it.

The ticket is in your email.  It's an email correspondance.  If you don't see it in your inbox, check your spam folder.  🙂  

1 hour ago, riko said:

Giant face palm, sorry I didn't include the clients name.

I just wish I knew where to find the ticket, I've been to my admin, client area, manage purchases, my details... 

I just don't see it.

Sorry, that was actually my fault. I meant the topic (this topic). As you sent via PM and I wasnt online, it meant you were left waiting for a response

• 1 month later...

(Cough) I'm deeply embarrashed by my speed in replying here...

Could you please try accesing the site/ftp again? I just updated the access info, hopefully I got that right now as client No.#2 showed up with the same trouble making me fear there are more who cannot resubscibe again due to the sign-up button not showing up.