Subscription buttons don't show up.

Sorry, I thought you meant in our support section. That is not a support section for us. It's a support application you can use on your site. 

Taking a look at this, the first one has 2 expired subscriptions. As mentioned, you need to either generate a renewal for those or remove them

Could contain: Text, File

Isn't that counter productive? I mean people sign up, let their subscription lapse and then after a while they think, 'hey, I haven't been here for a while lets sign up again and see what's new'. Only to have no option to do so because for some very odd reason the sign-up button is hidden for them.

So for everybody who's subscription expired I need to create a renewal or remove them or else they can never sign back up again??? Sorry sir, you sadly left our store and now we no longer can let you back in unless the manager creates a new doorway in for you?

How does that make any sense?

And how do I do this? How do I send these ex-customers who cannot see the sign-up button a renewal or how do I remove them? 

Edited by riko

Marc, can you please show me where to click on what dropdown?

Do I create a new invoice to renew? 
Do I click "void account" to delete?

I'm just lost, I searched for renew and get a renew page but no client info to send this to.

But gee, the thought of people who couldn't re-sign up again and just thought "fork it" instead of opening a ticket with me... my wallet is crying.

Oh ps: thank you for your patients with me. 🙂

I think there is some confusion here. Renewal, either you or they can do. They cant purchase, as they already have an item, which is expired. So they would go to their "manage purchases" page and renew from there.

What it actually looks like has happened here however is that the renewal terms have been removed, so there is no way to renew. So you can either delete as shown in the screenshot. Or add some renewal terms back in by selecting the edit icon and adding them. If you add renewal terms then you will see generate renewal, and they will also see that under their manage purchases section.

Hope that explaination makes it a little clearer, however if not please do let us know

Could contain: Text, Word, Number, Symbol

We've overhauled how this works in 4.7 to make it much more user friendly. If you're happy to use a beta, you can install it by visiting the Client area , clicking into your license and then click the beta link in the top right. This page will give you an overview of how the beta process works and what you can expect.

Alternatively, you can wait for general availability of the new version.

@Marc Stridgen, if you had just added a little bit more information on the left of your screenshot, it would had saved me some time. The more detailed information you can provide the clearer it becomes for someone like me not knowing the ins and outs/layout of the forum admin section like you and others do. Still thanks for keeping up with me. 🙂

I did something with renewals for one client and that client has now a 6 month free ride. Which is ok since It took me ages to get this sorted out but it wasn't my intention. I still have no idea what I'm doing. All though it gets slowly a little bit more clearer now. 🙂

@Stuart Silvester Thank you for chimming in. 4.7 sounds really good! I'll see if I can find some time for the beta, currently feel like I'm running around like a headless chicken here... (lol) Again, thank you!

I'm getting more and more confused from this every other day. /o\
Sorry.

One of the customers who could not renew I send a new invoice. The system told me it would reset the date and I was ok with that. A few moments ago that customer wrote me this back:

"

the new invoice you sent won't let me renew. When I try to it says I already have an active subscription. When I click on the link to pay I get a screen that says "You are only allowed to purchase one subscription, and you have already done so." In the bottom right of the screen it says "error code 2X196/H

"

So what is my next step?

Well that didn't work so I started deleting invoices, which I first had to cancel. After a bit, being at the end of (something, something) just using brute force (deleting invoice left and right), the customer finally! can sign up again.

Why on earth is this programmed this way? Customers just leave if they cannot sign back up. Some may notify me they can't but the rest is just lost. 😞  

Anyway, thank you for hanging in here.

4 hours ago, riko said:

Well that didn't work so I started deleting invoices, which I first had to cancel. After a bit, being at the end of (something, something) just using brute force (deleting invoice left and right), the customer finally! can sign up again.

Why on earth is this programmed this way? Customers just leave if they cannot sign back up. Some may notify me they can't but the rest is just lost. 😞  

Anyway, thank you for hanging in here.

The idea here is that you can only have one subscription and invoicing new subscriptions have created the problem you ran into thus you had to delete them, etc... (and likely causing confusion here).

In your screenshot below, where your green arrow is, you would simply click that down arrow and click "Renew", that would allow you to generate a renewal invoice for the client to continue with the subscription.

On 6/15/2022 at 7:46 AM, riko said:

Could contain: Text, File, Menu

However, as mentioned, in 4.7 this has been changed so it will be better.