How do I remove the "Upgrade to Cloud" message in AdminCP? End of Independent Hosting?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hello,

Just updated to 4.6.12 and immediately noticed a bright green message at the top of every AdminCP page that says in bright green:

671619464_Screenshot2022-04-06at09_31_15.png.ca1aa4d304f325ebcd86c078ad02878b.png

For me, moving to Invision Community's "cloud" is not an upgrade, unless Invision wishes to re-imburse me thousands of dollars for my server and RAID, has massive file storage and complete server customisation options. 🤔

If that is not the case, could someone be kind enough to tell me how to remove this distracting advert across the top of all my admin pages. I don't mind it being dismissible (like the site upgrade notifications) but currently it's burned into the top of every page.

Is this a sign that Invision plans to eventually end independent hosting? If so, a sad day and I will of course need to make my own plans to migrate. 🙁

Thanks.

Update: I see a related thread started just a few hours ago:

3 hours ago, Daddy said:

That's why they're slowly making it more taxing to be self hosting to push you over. 

Which is why for some, leaving will be the only option, sadly.

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There is no way in which to remove the link in the ACP

Unfortunate. I'd better apply some masking tape to my screen then. 😄

You could at least alter it to "change" rather than "upgrade" (it is not) and not use such a glaring green, but that's marketing for you. In the end we all make decisions.

It seems a portent to a sad day. 😑