Can't seem to get FB/Instagram OEmbed working.

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

After struggling with adding Twitter sign in due to outdated tutorial on your website, now I went into this. The topic autor wrote in march that the tutorial was already outdated. Its almost july now. 

How to set it up corrently? 

The "tutorial" says:

5. You will be taken to the dashboard for the app you have just created. In the left hand column click the + symbol next to Products and then find the product named oEmbed. Click the Set Up button and confirm you understand the terms and conditions of using this product.

But theres no oEmbed product in there. 

Could you please keep your tutorials up to date? It would save a lot of time for your customers... 

Edited by angle4cor

On 6/25/2022 at 11:23 PM, angle4cor said:

After struggling with adding Twitter sign in due to outdated tutorial on your website, now I went into this. The topic autor wrote in march that the tutorial was already outdated. Its almost july now. 

How to set it up corrently? 

The "tutorial" says:

But theres no oEmbed product in there. 

Could you please keep your tutorials up to date? It would save a lot of time for your customers... 

The twitter tutorial is unfortunately as up to date as it can be at present. I do have notes here to add something in, just to state that if you have never set anything up on there you have to choose the older system. The issue here is that twitter have updated their interfaces to something we have not as of yet implemented.

With regatd the "There is no oembed product in there",  you will need to contact facebook if this is the case on your own application. I have taken a look on this end, and I am indeed still seeing 'OEmbed read' in there. It may be that its showing under "App Review" as they do keep moving things for application review.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, ist this still accurate information ? 🙂

I found this,  that I already have used once,   but i had encountered a huge issue and am afraid to use it again before asking others here -  if you have used this embed code

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram/embed-button

its just the one you can find on instagram. 

is all other things still necessary, would this be enough / correct practice with invision ? 

If i were to use this embed code, what other settings should i  watch for , and change,  on invision? 

thank you in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 1/20/2024 at 9:57 AM, evcom said:

Facebook post embedding does not seem to work for me. Currently I only see the following products. Has fb discontinued the integration of posts? Anyone knows how to do it these days?

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

I believe you have to have business verification now for it to show up, unfortunately.

• 3 months later...