Forum too much slow

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

• Solution

Setting the storage engine to InnoDB will indeed help with performance. However, it may not be the end all bullet. You will want to talk to your hosting provider about changing your tables for you to InnoDB.

I would also recommend disabling any third party applications/plugins and switching to an unmodified theme when evaluating performance. This will allow you to set a baseline for your performance on the core software and then evaluate the third party add-ons on top of it one-by-one. It could be one of these third party add-ons is not performing well on your server or is expectedly doing something that is a little more resource heavy.

If none of the above helps, you will want to re-evaluate performance with your hosting provider with all third party items disabled. If the hosting provider finds something very specific which is a software error or slow query. We would require the proper logging to diagnose. However, generally, performance issues typically lie on the hosting side of things and they have the tools/resources to help you resolve them.

On 10/11/2021 at 12:38 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

Just to add to what my colleague mentioned there, if you dont want to deal with hosting issues at all, we do offer a cloud hosted solution which may better suit your needs. You would then be able to concentrate on just running your site. The options for those you can find here

https://invisioncommunity.com/buy

i see you change hosting plans and features before its say its auto upgrade on daily visiting member , now how i know which plain is suitable for me to switch to invision hosting ?

1 hour ago, Howard L Martinez said:

i see you change hosting plans and features before its say its auto upgrade on daily visiting member , now how i know which plain is suitable for me to switch to invision hosting ?

These are now based on page views rather than on members, which is more generous for most. If you visit that page, it shows how many page impressions per month are allowed within each plan. What you need would depend on your own site of course

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

These are now based on page views rather than on members, which is more generous for most. If you visit that page, it shows how many page impressions per month are allowed within each plan. What you need would depend on your own site of course

but how i know how much impression my forum got in one month and what plain is good for me ?

Hey @Howard L Martinez! Hope you are doing well 🙂 Appreciate you using our support forum for some guidance. 

Thanks for that screen shot above with those stats. Impressive! 

On 10/14/2021 at 2:27 AM, Howard L Martinez said:

Your page impressions per month are around 8M. If you're interested in joining our hosting, please check out our 'Corporate' plan; that may be a great fit for you 🙂

If you feel more comfortable discussing this privately, I can email you or you can private message me. Let me know either way please! Looking forward to hearing back.