Delivery app?

Yeah, something like pizza, food, laundry, parcel delivery etc..  I think the forums would make a great way for drivers and customers communicate any issues with the service.  You could create private forum for the drivers.  I think the system has the ability to handle delivery services well. 

If you can fund it, anything is possible.

But I would say it’s too specialized and too far away from most IPS communities to make a lot of sense as a product for multiple users. Instead of building it just for Invision Community, an established delivery software could be used and then only linked with Invision Community regarding logins and user roles. That’s the only thing that would make financial and practical sense, in my opinion. 

Edited by opentype

51 minutes ago, jderek01 said:

Yeah, something like pizza, food, laundry, parcel delivery etc..  I think the forums would make a great way for drivers and customers communicate any issues with the service.  You could create private forum for the drivers.  I think the system has the ability to handle delivery services well. 

You mentioned forums twice, so why not use forums? Maybe use club? One per customer? Or driver? Or something?

Flesh out your requirements more - what is it that you need? What features would it have?

Edited by Nathan Explosion

I'm all in favor of augmenting the functionality of the Commerce app but its unlikely all of the functionality that would be needed to create a robust delivery app isn't likely in the cards.

As there are a multitude of delivery apps already available why not use one of them and simply embed that website page into the IPS suite?  There are a multitude of different ways that could be accomplished.

On 8/8/2021 at 2:39 PM, Chris Anderson said:

I'm all in favor of augmenting the functionality of the Commerce app but its unlikely all of the functionality that would be needed to create a robust delivery app isn't likely in the cards.

As there are a multitude of delivery apps already available why not use one of them and simply embed that website page into the IPS suite?  There are a multitude of different ways that could be accomplished.

I have been looking at a few of the delivery apps.  I appreciate your post.