Removing Powered by and template credit

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

There has to be a way to remove it in code. I used Invision years ago and suggested it, hope it doesn't turn into a pay to remove a piece of code? What did I get this company into?

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

That also wasn't very helpful, at best it was rude. If you just came to mock my problem, why answer? Warm welcome to the Invision PB community.

10 minutes ago, Milton Sojo said:

There has to be a way to remove it in code. I used Invision years ago and suggested it, hope it doesn't turn into a pay to remove a piece of code? What did I get this company into?

The only way to remove it legally is by purchasing the branding removal option. I do not understand what you mean by "What did I get this company into?

Paying for branding removal is standard with all paid forums btw. 

23 minutes ago, Milton Sojo said:

There has to be a way to remove it in code.

Probably/maybe, no idea - never tried, never will.......but it's against the terms of service which you agreed to when purchasing the software.

23 minutes ago, Milton Sojo said:

That also wasn't very helpful, at best it was rude. If you just came to mock my problem, why answer?

What are you talking about (seeing as you've not actually quoted any content)? There is no element of mocking in any of my replies (the first is my actual reply, the second appears to be a 'butt dial' quote) - just because people have reacted to my first reply by laughing doesn't mean I intended to mock you.

But good luck to you with your endeavours!

Edited by Nathan Explosion

As others have said, you need to purchase 'Branding Removal' is a separate product which you have to purchase in the client area. Removing it in some other way would violate the terms of service you agreed to when making the initial purchase.

That would still leave you with the theme information; you would need to purchase copyright removal for that from the designer: https://www.ipsfocus.com/themes/copyright/

6 hours ago, Milton Sojo said:

What about the template credential? 

23 hours ago, Meddysong said:

That would still leave you with the theme information; you would need to purchase copyright removal for that from the designer: https://www.ipsfocus.com/themes/copyright/

Or do you mean: "Would there be similar implications if I chose to remove it without paying the $20 as there would be if I removed the Invision Community branding?"

On 1/6/2021 at 2:22 AM, Milton Sojo said:

according to the CEO it looks cheap and this is why he paid for better software, how would I go about removing those?

Yes, you can remove these for your CEO. It's quite simple. You have two options:

1. As others have pointed out, purchase branding removal from IPS and your theme developer
  2. Or for a more inexpensive alternative that addresses the core of the issue for your audience of one, consider:
    Andy, leave it stock fer christ sakes | South Bay Riders

The first option is likely the best alternative for your corporate overlords, especially if you have the type of CEO that likes to scroll up and down repeatedly while looking at their web site. Option 2 doesn't work well with "scrollers."

You may need to have conversations about how software licensing works, and note this as a lesson-learned if you quoted the price of an IPS license to your employer early on and did not factor in branding removals in your budget. Your CEO is letting you know what the priorities are, and your job is to consider those priorities as you move forward. This is now a line item you should address with each and every future purchase. Some third-party add-ons also do this branding stuff. Do your homework before saying "Oh, it's only $"