[CJ] Downloads Plus (Support Topic)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update on this... During the time that I had it disabled; I had several new files uploaded.  How do I get this to run and build new support threads for the missing ones?  I know I've done it before, but can't figure out how I did it.

On 7/6/2021 at 11:33 PM, CodingJungle said:

i submitted an update for it a few days ago to the market, so i don't know how long it will be till it is approved. 

Thanks for that! Seems the reviewers are napping on us. 😞

• 1 year later...

Checking out your plugin and looks very promising.  Wish you had the ability to leverage Downloads in posts (forum, blog, calendar, etc..) so if someone creating a post or reply has the ability to add a file to downloads or from downloads.  Basically, I would rather have downloads manage users files then wherever the files go when I click on choose files... at the bottom of a post.  It appears no one offers the ability to embed or attach directly to/from downloads or gallery (prefer downloads to be my file depot).

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 7:21 AM, Refsmmat said:

I just updated to 4.7.2 and it seems that Downloads Plus is not compatible. It got automatically deactivated, rendering all downloads on my page inaccessible at the moment.

@CodingJungle Are we getting an update for Downloads Plus to get it working again?

I am not real good with PHP, but it seems the $Container is no longer a function, I believe it was replaced by accessing via \IPS\downloads\Category::roots('view');

But im am not sure how to get this exactly short of:
$category = \IPS\downloads\Category::roots('view');

but i never used PHP, I use C#. the language is alot alike though

On 9/16/2022 at 8:34 PM, Schaken said:

I am not real good with PHP, but it seems the $Container is no longer a function, I believe it was replaced by accessing via \IPS\downloads\Category::roots('view');

But im am not sure how to get this exactly short of:
$category = \IPS\downloads\Category::roots('view');

but i never used PHP, I use C#. the language is alot alike though

On 9/14/2022 at 7:21 AM, Refsmmat said:

I just updated to 4.7.2 and it seems that Downloads Plus is not compatible. It got automatically deactivated, rendering all downloads on my page inaccessible at the moment.

@CodingJungle Are we getting an update for Downloads Plus to get it working again?

i've tested the code in php 8, the only thing that i see that is the problem is with scanner.php itself introduced by IPS. I used an import instead of a FQN. imports are supported by php and are not incompatible with PHP 8. 

I'll release a fix for it, but i really shouldn't have too tbh. 

1 minute ago, CodingJungle said:

i've tested the code in php 8, the only thing that i see that is the problem is with scanner.php itself introduced by IPS. I used an import instead of a FQN. imports are supported by php and are not incompatible with PHP 8. 

I'll release a fix for it, but i really shouldn't have too tbh. 

I opened it up is VS Code and no errors were found. I do not know the library enough to tell what is 8+/- so I have no idea what needed to be changed to make it compatible. I do know that my site wont load with it on. everything just says template is out of date and in the ACP, it shows there is only 1 line that was in error, and showed the (var?) {$container} and that is what I was going off of. I mean this app will not work on 8+ php the way it is right now. I had to revert back to 7.X in order for my site to still load correctly. So right now, you really do not have to, but when Invision forces us all on to 8+ then we all have to drop this app or just never update again. I do have a strong feeling that forced update will be the next update or the one after though.