1 minute ago, ChrisTERiS said:

1.- Can I manually post a movie if it does not exists in IMDB or TMDB?

You can but nothing will show up as the tabs are ajax loaded and brings info from the TMDB. So all you'll have is a title, description and cover. Nothing more.

2 minutes ago, ChrisTERiS said:

IMDB Rating: XXXXX

Nope, it doesn't provide IMDB Rating. It does TMDB rating but you can create a custom field and enter your info there.

New vesion submitted. List of features:

New features:

• Added new tabs, with settings to control their visibility, in the movie view: Photos and Posters.
  • Added ability to add/edit URLs for the movie. Beyond IMDB link, which is added via API, now you can add: official website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Wikipedia. A fonta-awesome icon will be displayed for each under the cover and only people that can edit the movie + the author can add/edit URLs.
  • Append content to movie description: that's a per-category feature and allows admins to enter any information they want to be displayed after description in movie view.

Enhancements:

• List of suggested movies updated when you type its letters in the movie title field when you're adding a movie. Before the list was updated when you left the title field (by pressing TAB).
  • Tabs Cast & Crew now display Movies and TV Shows.
  • Rework in several templates to make the app better looking.

Note:

• Removed the tab Reviews from movie view.

Follow the file to get notified when IPS reviews and approves it. 👍

I found a little bug.
It looks like a guest added a movie? 

You can see it at blocks on: https://www.duken.nl/forums/home/ and https://www.duken.nl/forums/discover/

image.png.a1866bdf438efdd89ae2c04684e2a28d.png

The movie "love" links to: https://www.duken.nl/forums/movies/movie/56-love/

I can't edit or remove the item. In the mod CP is the content not removed or something. 

Guest are not available to add movies in the rights. I can't add the movie in "movies" because its already added? 

Edited by Duken
2 hours ago, Duken said:

Guest are not available to add movies in the rights.

Guests can add a movie if POST BEFORE REGISTERING is enabled but it will be hidden until the member register then the name provided in registration process will show up, not guests. 

I can imagine two things here. 1: the user who submitted the movie were deleted then the content, if not deleted, will be authored by a Guest (there’s a Core setting for this). 2: the widget should be showing wrongly the author.

Even if it’s a bug, will be fized in next version (1.0.3) as it isn’t crashing your board. 1.0.2 is pending on marketplace for a few days now so it needs to go live first. 

2 hours ago, Duken said:

I can't add the movie in "movies" because its already added? 

I don’t think people will want 10 times the same movie showing up so to prevent duplicates, you can’t add an existing movie. If you deleted it, it still exists and shows in Moderator CP -> Deleted Content for 30 days (default Core setting value). Delete it from there and you will be able to add a again.

A couple of suggestions:

I'm not sure if this is available in the pending update, but is it possible to choose which poster you want to show in the entry?

Next, this is probably a big ask, is there any way, in a future update, to batch add entries for franchises?  An example would be adding all of the Star Trek movies in one sweep rather than adding them one at a time.  

Looking forward to the pending update and getting my site up and running 🙂

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I can imagine two things here. 1: the user who submitted the movie were deleted then the content, if not deleted, will be authored by a Guest (there’s a Core setting for this). 2: the widget should be showing wrongly the author.

Indeed, it is posted by Guest. But i find a remove anywhere. I can't open the movie because it does not exist. 

I don’t think people will want 10 times the same movie showing up so to prevent duplicates, you can’t add an existing movie. If you deleted it, it still exists and shows in Moderator CP -> Deleted Content for 30 days (default Core setting value). Delete it from there and you will be able to add a again.

Totally true, this was just to tell that the movie "LOVE" was added by a guest and can't be added anymore. That is fine 🙂 But is there a way to delete this movie object anywhere? 

18 minutes ago, Davyc said:

is it possible to choose which poster you want to show in the entry?

I can add a member field in post screen in next version, like there is in Tutorials:

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Davyc said:

this is probably a big ask, is there any way, in a future update, to batch add entries for franchises?  An example would be adding all of the Star Trek movies in one sweep rather than adding them one at a time.  

Possible but can bring unrelated results too. You can type star track and it will bring everything that has star track on title. I can try something more accurate in a future (not next) version. 

👍

4 minutes ago, Duken said:

But is there a way to delete this movie object anywhere? 

Have checked on ModCP -> Deleted Content. 

Send a PM so I can take a look closer. 

21 minutes ago, Duken said:

Totally true, this was just to tell that the movie "LOVE" was added by a guest and can't be added anymore.

That's what I've told you here:

Guests can add a movie if POST BEFORE REGISTERING is enabled but it will be hidden until the member register then the name provided in registration process will show up, not guests. 

The record in your database:

I5BLDDU.png

In \IPS\Content\Item:

/**
	 * Content is hidden?
	 * @return	int
	 *	@li -3 is a post made by a guest using the "post before register" feature
	 *	@li -2 is pending deletion
	 * 	@li	-1 is hidden having been hidden by a moderator
	 * 	@li	0 is unhidden
	 *	@li	1 is hidden needing approval

So the record exists. It's in the table but was posted used the POST BEFORE REGISTERING feature, that's why you can't see it or delete it anywhere. It will be automatically deleted if the user didn't create the account.

As a side note, you can view this content by using this:

The error here is the move showing up in the Statistcs widget. I'll remove it from there in next version. 👍

3 minutes ago, Davyc said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear in what I meant - not poster as in member, but movie poster from the posters tab lol 🙂

Oh no, the API returns the results. It's ajaxed. It simply shows.

On 9/19/2020 at 11:10 PM, Adriano Faria said:

New vesion submitted. List of features:

Follow the file to get notified when IPS reviews and approves it. 👍

9 days later... 😞 

IPB you really need to fix this waiting / review time for applications in the marketplace. @Matt what is the normal time for developers for getting the updated application in the store? Maybe its normal with the new marketplace to wait 14 days, then ill know. Thank you.

58 minutes ago, Duken said:

9 days later... 😞 

IPB you really need to fix this waiting / review time for applications in the marketplace. @Matt what is the normal time for developers for getting the updated application in the store?

It's depending on the approval queue, the submissions and the provided code quality.
Some submissions also require further internal discussion

What’s New on Version 1.0.2:

New features:

• Added new tabs, with settings to control their visibility, in the movie view: Photos and Posters.
  • Added ability to add/edit URLs for the movie. Beyond IMDB link, which is added via API, now you can add: official website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Wikipedia. A fonta-awesome icon will be displayed for each under the cover and only people that can edit the movie + the author can add/edit URLs.
  • Append content to movie description: that's a per-category feature and allows admins to enter any information they want to be displayed after description in movie view.

Enhancements:

• List of suggested movies updated when you type its letters in the movie title field when you're adding a movie. Before the list was updated when you left the title field (by pressing TAB).
  • Tabs Cast & Crew now display Movies and TV Shows.
  • Rework in several templates to make the app better looking.

Note:

• Removed the tab Reviews from movie view.

This is a GREAT addon, thanks Adriano. Just a comment if I may, when you select a category as being "TV Show" only, the category listing on the index page shows the word Movies...just a thought but could the code say:

<IF> category=TV Show, TV Shows <else> Movies <endif>

Although the issue would be those categories that are set as both Movies and TV Shows...just a thought

1.jpg

Interesting issue I just experienced @Adriano Faria I entered a movie and then deleted it...it no longer shows up in the addon. I changed my mind and tried to re add it, I enter the title and it comes up in the list but doesn't have an add this movie button.

So I check the database and it is still in the movies table...not deleted but not shown on my site

1.jpg

4 hours ago, ibaker said:

Interesting issue I just experienced @Adriano Faria I entered a movie and then deleted it...it no longer shows up in the addon. I changed my mind and tried to re add it, I enter the title and it comes up in the list but doesn't have an add this movie button.

So I check the database and it is still in the movies table...not deleted but not shown on my site

1.jpg

Not a issue. It is like any other app out there. When you delete a movie, it goes to ModeratorsCP -> Deleted Content and remains there for 30 days (default value of a core setting).

You can either restore it from there or delete it permanently and re add it.

Btw, I don’t allow to re add it to avoid duplicates. 

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Nope, all the plugins I did was to Comments be the first, not reviews. 

This is customization and I don’t help with it but I will post it here (later) for you and you edit a file to accomplish that.

Thank you for your prompt attention to support me, but don't waste your time for this. Finally comments are not important, so I've disabled them and I left only Reviews.