Twitch Integration

Hello all,

I have been using the Twitch Integration application for a while now and everything was fine up until a few weeks ago after a stream I noticed it still showed me online, even the following morning. I removed my channel from the application to try an fix it, but then could not add any channels back. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it, complete reinstall etc. I contacted the dev @LZDigital two weeks ago but they have not been online since early May, I was wondering if someone would be interested in having a look for me? I will pay for your time of course.

Kind regards,

Madiakz

While I cannot look into this it probably is related to Twitch suspending the old API and only using the new "Helix" API since I think the end of April. I contacted the dev and he told me that the app will be updated, but no news since then. Right know the app is half dead as only some of the functionality still works  and the rest shows the bugs you have. The login handler still works as far as I can tell but the streams are absolutely unreliable.

P.S. It seems that the Helix API Endpoints are integrated in some way, but I still got a warning from Twitch that the script uses and outdated API, so maybe it isn't Helix all over the place.

Cheers,
Phil

Edit: I fiddled around with the code of Twitch Integration a bit and while I cannot resolve the problem it seems like the app is using client credentials to authenticate with the Twitch API. The new API demands that client credentials are used to receive an OAuth token from Twitch and I couldn't find any part in the code that would do this, thus the API might be blocking some of the features and in the future will probably block all features.

Edited by Phil7789

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, bfarber said:

There were additional fixes for Twitch integration in 4.5 that might explain why it works here if you haven't upgraded yet.

We are not talking about the app Twitch Integration, but about embedding Twitch Videos, am I right? This sounded like there would be hope for the App 😄

Cheers,
Phil

On 8/1/2020 at 2:46 PM, NAX said:

I now see that I run v 4.4.10, but cannot remember to not have installed anything highlighted in the CP. Ill find out how to update then.
Thanks!

4.5 is still in Beta. You can patch to this version via the support tool (Something isn't working correctly)

@bfarber Alright thanks 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...