"Status" is being translated to "Enable?"

Hello! For some strange reason the word "Status" is being translated to "Enable?" on several places throughout our community. Any idea what could be causing this?

I checked our "Translate" options and nothing is being translated and I have tried using the "Quick Translating" feature and it does not save after I change it from "Enable?" to "Status".

Any help from this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Support Ticket Status: https://prnt.sc/shth79

Report Center Status: https://prnt.sc/shthq6

Hello,

43 minutes ago, GTAPoliceMods said:

Any idea what could be causing this?

You have the strings with the same key called status

43 minutes ago, GTAPoliceMods said:

I checked our "Translate" options and nothing is being translated and I have tried using the "Quick Translating" feature and it does not save after I change it from "Enable?" to "Status".

6 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

You can use the search form

search.thumb.jpg.5dda8e93ae03c01b94c576a2f0ee3d15.jpg

This is what I found https://prnt.sc/shuaxy

Only showing one item now. And this makes sense given that its showing "Enable?" when it should say "Status". What I find strange is that when I manually translate it in the "English (USA)" textbox to "Status" it still stays as "Enable?" when checking the report center/support tickets.

Disabling an application won't remove the duplicate langstring keys unfortunately.

It's something what we noticed after the 4.0 release and what we really can't control, so we advice any 3rd party dev to use an unique key for their templates,language strings, email templates, etc,

BUT we've also made some adjustments in 4.5 which will be handy to 3rd party developers and translation providers and which will help them in this case. 

43 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Disabling an application won't remove the duplicate langstring keys unfortunately.

It's something what we noticed after the 4.0 release and what we really can't control, so we advice any 3rd party dev to use an unique key for their templates,language strings, email templates, etc,

BUT we've also made some adjustments in 4.5 which will be handy to 3rd party developers and translation providers and which will help them in this case. 

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the quick response. Is there anything I can do then at the moment? Our community is stuck with this duplicate string and I am not sure how we can fix this. Removing it from the SQL maybe?

Exactly, if it’s such a PITA, you could just  remove the 3rd party string by deleting it from the database. 
i really really wouldn’t advise it, it’s probably better to wait that the 3rd party dev addresses this by changing his key which also means that need to adjust any usage and also that he‘ll need to  remove his duplicate string from them database:) or just to use the existing one from the core , but this also requires the manual cleanup and to remove the existing string... this was improved fror 4.5 , but it’s not backwards compatible and until it’s released it’s unfortunately a step which we but also  3rd party devs have to keep on mind😞 

You can see our own cleanup steps in the Upgrade scripts where literally any deprecated  or duplicate string is being removed manually 🙂