Member Map

Okay, thanks ! So it may use CPU ?

Or does it use other resources, like brandwidth, but not CPU ? *praying*

You'll have a hard time trying to find an app that doesn't have any CPU overhead, processing a lot of markers can sometimes be quite resource intensive, that's why I'm looking at methods so they are not processed as often (once per page load).

I put my API key but when I go to the map page I get:

Google has disabled use of the Maps API for this application. The provided key is not a valid Google API Key, or it is not authorized for the Google Maps Javascript API v2 on this site. If you are the owner of this application, you can learn about obtaining a valid key here:

http://code.google.c...l#Obtaining_Key

Any ideas why?

UPDATE: It worked. Probably needed some time until Google activated the key. Edited by RObiN-HoOD

Hi !

I've downloaded it, and... Okay, I'll maybe look like an idiot but whatever... I do not manage to create a proper API Key, I beleive, as when I go in my Google api account, and then in the tab "Api acces", though I use the key for server apps or for browser apps (tried both), and then enter them in the system parameters... it doesn't work.
An error message is displayed, in a popup window, telling me my API key isn't valid.

How should I do ? Is an OAuth API key required or anything ? Can't manage to make the app work :(
Thanks for your support, and sorry, I'm quite newbie with Google services.

Edited by Atsuki

Talking about that, how could I change the 'F' image ? As my community isn't in english, "F" doesn't mean anything for my members.

Also, I was wondering if I could put the default view on "Mixt", instead of "Plan" or "Satellite" ? :D

Thanks a lot !

There is only room on the marker for one letter.

Open public/js/ips.membermap.js

on line 71:

ipb.membermap.friendIcon.image        = "http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chst=d_map_pin_letter&chld=F|00E141|000000";

You can change chld=F to the letter of your choice, i.e. chld=M As for default map type, open template mapGoogleJavascript, and find

document.observe("dom:loaded", function()

{

After that add one of the following, depending on the default type you want.

map.setMapType(G_NORMAL_MAP);

map.setMapType(G_HYBRID_MAP);

map.setMapType(G_SATELLITE_MAP);

map.setMapType(G_PHYSICAL_MAP);

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, today I have realized how useful it would be to have a simple hook listing the latest locations saved in the map. We are using it for our compatriots living abroad to save their locations, and the list of the latest countries would encourage other members to save their locations as well..

• 4 weeks later...

What is the status of this add on for v 3.34 and the Google API v2 issue mentioned in other posts?

Looks like a great add on but if it is going to have a short shelf life due to the API issue any timeline for updated release?

<style id="_clearly_component__css" type="text/css"> #next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }</style>

What is the status of this add on for v 3.34 and the Google API v2 issue mentioned in other posts?
Looks like a great add on but if it is going to have a short shelf life due to the API issue any timeline for updated release?

V2 will stop working in May 2013, there will be a new version out before then.

As the Marketplace Listing says, the app support IP.Board 3.2 or newer.

<style id="_clearly_component__css" type="text/css"> #next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }</style>

V2 will stop working in May 2013, there will be a new version out before then.

As the Marketplace Listing says, the app support IP.Board 3.2 or newer.

Thank you!