Member Map

Ok I have an SSL Certificate added to my site. Not sure what else to do to fix this error but I can't get my facebook app to work I get this message when clicking it:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to xboxcove.com.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

From what I've seen as a result of a search is that there is something wrong with your server configuration.

Have a look at this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/119336/ssl-error-rx-record-too-long-and-apache-ssl

Got pretty strange bug here. Please, see the picture or map link itself - it explains all:

Picture:
Map link: http://www.provitiligo.com/forum/index.php?/membermap/

Tried to rebuild templates - didn't help. Any solution?

P. S.: There a small issue in mapTemplate - a hardcoded "or" word. For example, it appears in "Add your location" popup window between "Add" and "Cancel" buttons.

Got pretty strange bug here. Please, see the picture or map link itself - it explains all:

Picture:

Map link:

http://www.provitili...php?/membermap/

Tried to rebuild templates - didn't help. Any solution?

P. S.: There a small issue in mapTemplate - a hardcoded "or" word. For example, it appears in "Add your location" popup window between "Add" and "Cancel" buttons.

That is quite wierd, not sure what is causing it.

This fixes it though, in the template editor open membermap.css

find:

#memberMapCanvas { 

height: 100%;

width: 100%;

}

replace with:

#memberMapCanvas { 

height: 100% !important;

width: 100%;

}

That is quite wierd, not sure what is causing it.

This fixes it though, in the template editor open membermap.css

This helped indeed, thank you. Actually, this is not THAT weird, because div height in percents has always been a pain.

One more question. Is it possible to set default zoom level somehow? I've put my home as a location and now, when map opens, there's just a HUGE rectangle there - zoom is maxed.

This helped indeed, thank you. Actually, this is not THAT weird, because div height in percents has always been a pain.

One more question. Is it possible to set default zoom level somehow? I've put my home as a location and now, when map opens, there's just a HUGE rectangle there - zoom is maxed.

Zoom level is determined by the markers on the map, when you get more markers the zoom level will be reduced.

Zoom level is determined by the markers on the map, when you get more markers the zoom level will be reduced.

Super, thank you!

I also wonder, is it possible to add custom markers in front-end? I've tried to add one from ACP - works, I'm happy. But it's a bit painful.
Or was it intended this way, so only admin can add custom stuff?

Super, thank you!

I also wonder, is it possible to add custom markers in front-end? I've tried to add one from ACP - works, I'm happy. But it's a bit painful.

Or was it intended this way, so only admin can add custom stuff?

Yes, that was intended originally. A front end interface will be in a future version.

I've just come up with some idea, which could help popularize member map on the site. Would be great to have some kind of global hook for board index with small map similar to one, which you have for member's profile. Or at least some language string on the board index like "Members on the map: X".

Let's say it's not very obvious for "casual people", what does "Member map" mean and is it even worth clicking this button.

Oh, and me so kind to add a language string for Member Map page title. I mean the one that shows on main page. Right now it's the same as application's name, but would be good to be able to name it separately.

Can you post suggestions here please (tag it as a feature suggestion), it makes suggestions much easier to track

Can you post suggestions

here

please (tag it as a feature suggestion), it makes suggestions much easier to track

Just did. But you should really fix you registration. No only it has ugly recaptcha, which you have to reload like 1234234234234 times to understand the symbols, but answer to the question is not obvious. I tried SilvesterWebDesigns.com, SilvesterWebDesigns and Silvester Web Designs - none worked. So I gave up on that and logged in with Facebook.

Santa, please, kill recaptcha in 2012 and praise Facebook!