Member Map

I didn t read the whole thread but have you thought about being able to drop a pin to set your location instead of using an address or zip code.
I am thinking about people who live too far from a road or street also by being able to drop a pin it may help with privacy as for some member it help to hide their real location. I know you can just put another address but being able to simply move the marker would be a great addition.

Thanks for the update. I just uploaded the new files and now my Members Map is completely empty.

You may need to do a hard refresh (CTRL+F5) the way markers are added to the map changed in 1.0.5.

I didn t read the whole thread but have you thought about being able to drop a pin to set your location instead of using an address or zip code.

I am thinking about people who live too far from a road or street also by being able to drop a pin it may help with privacy as for some member it help to hide their real location. I know you can just put another address but being able to simply move the marker would be a great addition.

Could you post it here: http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/forum/4-member-map/ and tag it as a feature request please.

I did some quick research on this and found that the error occurs somewhere between inputing the coordinates, google working with them and your code writing them to the database.
Entering the coordinates into the database directly gives you the right location as intended, but somewhere along the line google alters the coordinates.

This should not be a very big problem to fix. :)
Good luck...!

I did some quick research on this and found that the error occurs somewhere between inputing the coordinates, google working with them and your code writing them to the database.

Entering the coordinates into the database directly gives you the right location as intended, but somewhere along the line google alters the coordinates.

This should not be a very big problem to fix. [img]

[/img]

Good luck...!

I'll bear it in mind, although I'm not going to do anything about it at the moment. Why? the whole method of geocoding etc is being changed.

OK...

Another feature request would be to have a dropdown for the custom markers on the front end and with the choise only show that category on the map.

Also what would be great it to have permissions for who can set custom markers.

Those two things are already planned. :)

If you do have any feature suggestions (anyone) I would be grateful if you could post them here and tag them appropriately.

I have updated to the 3.2 compatable version. And after upgrade the map not shows anything. It is empty for some reason.

I have lost all users locations (((

But strange thing is that it still shows button "update your location"

Is there any chance to fix the problem ?

http://www.mydisput.com/forums/index.php?/membermap/

I have member map 1.0.5 installed on my board and when i go on the application, there is no add marker button.. however, there is the custom marker locations within ACP but when i try adding a custom marker "Add Address" isn't selectable, how am i supposed to be adding markers lol...

I have the exact same. Which version is meant to be 3.1.x Compatible?

Hiya,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been in the Dark Ages (South Wales).

I'm back now though.

there was total number of members added thier location shown on bottom of earle versions...why this was removed in latest version??

The statistics data is still there, I probably removed it and didn't put it back after I updated the skin bit, do you want me to put it back ?

Any way to set up custom markers with the member's avatar

Not at the moment, although in 1.0.6 you can use bbcode in the custom marker, so you could put an image in it.

i'm on 3.1.4 and using 1.0.4 but i still can't place locations, it just says Loading all the time

Make sure you've uploaded all of the 1.0.4 files (including the Javascript) then press CTRL+F5 when viewing the map

yes and the points are lost %7Boption%7D

Try doing a hard refresh, if that doesn't work send me a PM with your web address.