Member Map

I was under the impression that this would pull info from the Locations field in the member profile but I guess you have to manually add yourself? Am I missing something?

I was under the impression that this would pull info from the Locations field in the member profile but I guess you have to manually add yourself? Am I missing something?

No it doesn't pull information from there, it requires users to add their own location to the map.

what a great mod!!!
For me is just perfect like it is now :)

Maybe when I could add a custom field value after a gruop name of a member to this "cloud" after clicking a marker on the map:

After modifying the mapInfoBox :

<php>

$avatar = IPSMember::buildAvatar( $memberData );

</php><div class='left def'>{$avatar}</div><div class='mapka'><h3><a href='{parse url="showuser={$memberData['member_id']}" template="showuser" seotitle="{$memberData['members_seo_name']}" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_profile']}'>{$memberData['members_display_name']}</a><span class='ieHide'>{parse template="user_popup" group="global" params="$memberData['member_id'], $memberData['members_seo_name']"}</span></h3><p>{$memberData['prefix']}{$memberData['g_title']}{$memberData['suffix']}</p><p>{$memberData['prefix']}{$memberData['telefon']}{$memberData['suffix']}</p><if test="($this->memberData['member_id'] && $member['member_id'] == $this->memberData['member_id']) || $this->memberData['g_is_supmod'] == 1"><p class='remMarker'><a href='{parse url="module=membermap&amp;action=removeMarker&amp;do={$memberData['member_id']}" base="publicWithApp" template="removeMarker" seotitle="false"}' title='{$this->lang->words['modRemoveMarker']}'>{parse replacement="rep_down"} {$this->lang->words['modRemoveMarker']}</a></p></if></div><br clear='all'/>

I got also an ip_address and it works perfectly, but how to add a field with the value from this query:

SELECT field_18 FROM pfields_content where member_id=5 (it's the custom profile field - member's telephone number)

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,
Jack

what a great mod!!!

For me is just perfect like it is now :)

Maybe when I could add a custom field value after a gruop name of a member to this "cloud" after clicking a marker on the map:

After modifying the mapInfoBox :

<snip>

I got also an ip_address and it works perfectly, but how to add a field with the value from this query:

SELECT field_18 FROM pfields_content where member_id=5 (it's the custom profile field - member's telephone number)

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Thanks !

You would need to modify the SQL query to fetch your custom field, you would then need to pass it into the template bit with the other data.

Thanks !

You would need to modify the SQL query to fetch your custom field, you would then need to pass it into the template bit with the other data.

Sounds logic, but the problem is "how" because I'm not a programmer...
Many thanks anyway!

OK, here's one for you -

I uploaded the files, installed the application, set the permissions and inserted the Google API key.

I can view the Map page and I see this -

post-144979-036037600 1273064167_thumb.j

I am thinking I'm mere minutes away from success, so I entered my location and I see this -

post-144979-060364400 1273064241_thumb.j

The map is gone.

So, I figure maybe it doesn't want to show me my own location, so I logged in with a second admin account and I see the very same thing. So I add the second admin location in a different location and it then indicates 2 users are shown, but there is still no map.

I figured I missed a step, so I went back through and checked everything. I wasn't able to see anything I had overlooked, so I removed the application entirely. I re-installed the app, added my location and got the very same results - no map. I logged in with the second admin account, added a second location and then I got a dialog box asking me where I wanted to save the file index.php. %7Boption%7D I went back and removed the first account's location and tried to re-enter it, whereupon it then asked me where to save index.php.

I got busy with another job and couldn't get back to this until this morning. I uninstalled the app, deleted all the files from the server, downloaded a fresh package and tried everything again. And I'm right back where I was yesterday afternoon. The page indicates my location has been added and one user is shown, but there is no map.

I'm certainly open to any suggestions...

Well i got briliant idea, why not add some other types of markers to mark some cool places, pubs, ect. ?
Meaning - Special places from specific user - they can be viewed by clicking on user location 2times or other way....

that would be cool !

Thanks !

Thanks for the idea stoo - got it working :D

<php>

$avatar = IPSMember::buildAvatar( $memberData );

$mem = $this->DB->buildAndFetch( array( 'select' => 'field_18', 'from' => 'pfields_content', 'where' => 'member_id= ' . $memberData['member_id'] ) );

</php>

<div class='left def'>{$avatar}</div><div class='mapka'><h3><a href='{parse url="showuser={$memberData['member_id']}" template="showuser" seotitle="{$memberData['members_seo_name']}" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_profile']}'>{$memberData['members_display_name']}</a><span class='ieHide'>{parse template="user_popup" group="global" params="$memberData['member_id'], $memberData['members_seo_name']"}</span></h3><p>{$memberData['prefix']}{$memberData['g_title']}{$memberData['suffix']}</p><p>Tel. {$mem['field_18']}</p><if test="($this->memberData['member_id'] && $member['member_id'] == $this->memberData['member_id']) || $this->memberData['g_is_supmod'] == 1"><p class='remMarker'><a href='{parse url="module=membermap&amp;action=removeMarker&amp;do={$memberData['member_id']}" base="publicWithApp" template="removeMarker" seotitle="false"}' title='{$this->lang->words['modRemoveMarker']}'>{parse replacement="rep_down"} {$this->lang->words['modRemoveMarker']}</a></p></if></div><br clear='all'/>

where field_18 could be any field from extra profile field content

(thanks to DawPi from forum.invisionize.pl)

Once again - it's a great mod - keep it up!!

Great mod, members love it... but I noticed a mem.cgi file being written in the cache folder, can this be disabled some how?

That's nothing to do with this application, Thats an IP.Board debug helper

Sweet, this might get this distinction of being the only third-party app on my board. I used to have a Frappr map, but since it was standalone, hardly anyone used it. Having one tied into the forums would work very well.

Awesome :)

Just a little bit of a teaser update, front end work is complete for custom markers:

%7Boption%7D

I've altered slightly from the original plan, markers can be split into groups, each group can have their own colour pin and icon!

Where did you find that place at? Talk about a strange city layout.. :whistle: