9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Hello Phil,

No to all. As stated, it allows the user to add books (records) using data from Google Books. 

There will be copyright issues allowing to upload/download books. Each country may have its own regulations, etc. Of course someone can upload their own books and offers them to download but I’m pretty sure this will be an exception, so no plans for this on a near future. Need to give some thought on this as I don’t have much information right now. 

I find it strange that someone has that consideration, when you are not responsible for the use that the person who buys your App may give it.

Anyway I understand your point of view, I hope you can launch a version where if you allow me to perform all the actions mentioned above.

Best Regards!

5 hours ago, Maxxius said:

I don't know if its possible but if you add one more field in book description with a link to amazon store where book can be bought with a referral link would be beneficial to the forum owner 🙂

It’s already a feature added in last version: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/456245-books/?do=findComment&comment=2819792

There’s a Buy This Book button pointing to a Amazon store with the user or site Affiliate ID.

You can see an image here: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/456245-books/?do=findComment&comment=2819169 linking to a user Affiliate ID.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 5:12 PM, Adriano Faria said:

A CD/vinyl app is on my radar. Do you know any API out there to grab the data?

Of course, the https://www.theaudiodb.com/ 😉

--------------------------------------------------

Hey @Adriano Faria, is it possible to force HTTPS when serving the books from Google?

In the Tabs the shown book covers all served per HTTP and that will break my site in the browser.

Screenshot 2020-06-13 20.43.34.png

Screenshot 2020-06-13 20.43.43.png

Screenshot 2020-06-13 20.44.08.png

Edited by McAtze
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria just purchased both Books and Movies but can't use either of them...with Books, when I click on v4.4 it says your addon is not compatible

2.thumb.png.ca378b80c9872f15663fab3b53a9402c.png

With Movies, it is the same plus with the version for 4.5 you can't install it for testing on your local PC 4.5 test install, 4.5 has to be installed as a live site

1.png

3.thumb.png.0004bf2518d9aee98c9e4e7a6ef298fd.png

Edited by ibaker
6 hours ago, ibaker said:

@Adriano Faria just purchased both Books and Movies but can't use either of them...with Books, when I click on v4.4 it says your addon is not compatible

2.thumb.png.ca378b80c9872f15663fab3b53a9402c.png

With Movies, it is the same plus with the version for 4.5 you can't install it for testing on your local PC 4.5 test install, 4.5 has to be installed as a live site

1.png

3.thumb.png.0004bf2518d9aee98c9e4e7a6ef298fd.png

I replied in Movies. Do the same in Books. 👍