Improved Clubs Enhancements

58 minutes ago, LiquidFractal said:

I'm receiving exactly the same error with exactly the same line numbers (it's listed in the System Log as type uncaught_exception, but viewing the error includes OutOfRangeException::0).

The one difference in my backtrace is that the end of my line #0 reads load(0) instead of load(1).

When I updated I don't think I removed anything, although I'm not sure if the system disabled anything incompatible during this update cycle (it hasn't in the past AFAIK).

Good to know, I’m not alone, and therefore not entirely crazy.

59 minutes ago, Giray said:

Good to know, I’m not alone, and therefore not entirely crazy.

No sir you are not!  In fact, I manually searched out Tasks in the adminCP - saw that according to the system the task clubrebuild has never been run before.  I tried triggering it manually and got an error that the task "could not be found." 🤨

Checked again just now and it seems to be running, but I don't know if it will succeed.

6 hours ago, LiquidFractal said:

No sir you are not!  In fact, I manually searched out Tasks in the adminCP - saw that according to the system the task clubrebuild has never been run before.  I tried triggering it manually and got an error that the task "could not be found." 🤨

Checked again just now and it seems to be running, but I don't know if it will succeed.

Same. Clubrebuild had never run. But when I try it hangs.

I'm wondering if this has to do with old Club content generated a while before this update or something?  I speculate because my test site is 4.7.7 with ICE 2.0.5 and I'm not getting these errors there...but there's only one relatively new club with just a bit of test content (if anything).  Don't have time to address it right now but thought I'd throw it out there.

10 minutes ago, LiquidFractal said:

@Giray, apologies as I haven't had time to follow this entire thread, but: have you tried disabling ICE and, if so, did that address the System Log issues?

I give up. It still does it with ICE disabled 🥵 so I really don't know anymore. All I know is that even with it disabled, the cron error I just got was with clubrebuild.php and the core. So I really don't know if ICE is still at fault or something left over or in Clubs. I'll stop polluting this support thread and just wait for the next updates and see if the error goes away.

21 hours ago, Giray said:

I give up. It still does it with ICE disabled 🥵 so I really don't know anymore. All I know is that even with it disabled, the cron error I just got was with clubrebuild.php and the core. So I really don't know if ICE is still at fault or something left over or in Clubs. I'll stop polluting this support thread and just wait for the next updates and see if the error goes away.

Yeah...times like this I wish there were a Purge button for the logs.....cough cough

On 2/8/2023 at 7:33 AM, Giray said:

Absolutely no idea if related but I've updated to IPS 4.7.7 and I'm getting a cron club rebuild error. IPS support suggested it might be third party and this is my only clubs-related app that I know of. Anyone else?

I posted this problem on Feb 8, that was just about two weeks ago, and still no word. Note that thanks to @Adriano Faria I just deleted over 100 pages of logs related to this error. Would love to know if, at the very least, @InvisionHQ knows of the error.

If it's not an ICE problem, I am truly sorry for raising it here. I hate pointing fingers, I'm just trying to find out where the problem is and I can't seem to get anyone to figure it out.

As a reminder, these are the various errors I'm still getting.

- An out of range exception with no log but with this backtrace:

#0 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1370): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(1)
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/init.php(935) : eval()'d code(226): IPS\Member\_Club->nodes()
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/core/tasks/clubrebuild.php(58): IPS\Member\clubsenhancements_hook_ceClub->nodes()
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(375): IPS\core\tasks\_clubrebuild->IPS\core\tasks\{closure}()
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/core/tasks/clubrebuild.php(80): IPS\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(274): IPS\core\tasks\_clubrebuild->execute()
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(237): IPS\_Task->run()
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(72): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#8 {main}

Also now, I've discovered that just one of my clubs has an error on top:

[[Template core/front/clubs/header is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Note that when I deactivate ICE it gets worse, I get:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1370): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(5)
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1906): IPS\Member\_Club->nodes()
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Member/Club/Club.php(2046): IPS\Member\_Club->tabs()
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(138): IPS\Member\_Club->firstTab()
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->manage()
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(128): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->execute()
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Look, I don't know if these are related (forgot to mention the constant CRON messages, but at this point all this is way above my pay grade. I can't figure it out. All I know is that all the errors keep mentioning clubs and 'clubsenhancement'.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

@Giray I've tried re-running clubrebuild with all customizations disabled as per the Support option - it still didn't work, and it throws "2C124/2 The task is already running and cannot be ran until it has finished or the lock is removed."  However, when I then go to the Tasks list it says that clubrebuild is "Running..." and it stays that way (even though I have quite a small amount of club material in the end).

If I then log out and log in again to teh adminCP and check Tasks, clubrebuild is listed as having "Never" run.  I then try to run it (at this point I have re-enabled everything I had before except Improved Clubs Enhancements, which is still disabled) and the adminCP throws "2C124/1 The task you attempted to run could not be found."

But then I return to the Tasks list and I see that clubrebuild is "Running now..."?!? 😶

Guess it's time to submit an official support request....sigh

On 2/9/2023 at 11:58 PM, Adriano Faria said:

You probably have records in core_clubs_node_map table that isn't tied to any club. This table stores the "features", which categories from the apps.

@Adriano Faria do you have any tips as to how to approach this?  Unfortunately, due to the way IPB handles naming I've checked this table in phpMyAdmin and there are fistfuls of entries called the same thing ("Blog," "Topics," etc.) and I'm afraid of deleting the wrong thing.  I also assume that if I delete everything in this table my Club features will all disappear, which would be, well, bad 😮 lol

Or is it just a matter of matching up the club IDs on the site with the club_id field and deleting those with no existing club by ID?

Edited by LiquidFractal
7 minutes ago, LiquidFractal said:

do you have any tips as to how to approach this?

In your ACP, go to the club and click in each content type tab. There you will see the features the system recognizes, then you’ll have to run a query in your PHPMyAdmin to see which features you have in that table for that club. Most likely you’ll have more than shows in the ACP features tab and that’s where the error happens. 

I've fixed the problem! @Giray, this is what I did to solve the problem on my end:

1. Go to your Clubs listing on your website. When you mouse over each Club title, note down the number for each one, e.g., yoursite.com/clubs/33-my-test-club. In this example, 33 is this Club's club ID number. Do this for each of your existing Clubs (if possible - don't know how many Clubs you're using).  So you're going to make a list of the club IDs of your existing and active Clubs.
  2. Go into your server's Control Panel, load up phpMyAdmin and call up your Invision database
  3. Browse to the core_clubs_node_map table. 
  4. You'll see a list of Club features. There's a field named club_id. This is the only field you need to worry about; check each club_id number against the list you made before and if an entry has a club_id number which is not on your list, delete it because, as @Adriano Faria pointed out, they are no longer tied to an existing club and can be removed.

That's it!  I found a fistful and deleted them.  I also just ran clubrebuild again and it ran successfully (with ICE enabled).

I glean from your posts that you aren't familiar with phpMyAdmin, but your tech people could do this easily enough I reckon.

Hope this helps!

8 hours ago, LiquidFractal said:

I've fixed the problem! @Giray, this is what I did to solve the problem on my end:

1. Go to your Clubs listing on your website. When you mouse over each Club title, note down the number for each one, e.g., yoursite.com/clubs/33-my-test-club. In this example, 33 is this Club's club ID number. Do this for each of your existing Clubs (if possible - don't know how many Clubs you're using).  So you're going to make a list of the club IDs of your existing and active Clubs.
  2. Go into your server's Control Panel, load up phpMyAdmin and call up your Invision database
  4. You'll see a list of Club features. There's a field named club_id. This is the only field you need to worry about; check each club_id number against the list you made before and if an entry has a club_id number which is not on your list, delete it because, as @Adriano Faria pointed out, they are no longer tied to an existing club and can be removed.

That's it!  I found a fistful and deleted them.  I also just ran clubrebuild again and it ran successfully (with ICE enabled).

I glean from your posts that you aren't familiar with phpMyAdmin, but your tech people could do this easily enough I reckon.

Hope this helps!

Great explanation. Much appreciated and noted for next time? 🥵

9 hours ago, LiquidFractal said:

Hope this helps!

That’s what I did except have to take a note of all clubs. You can go to ACP clubs :

1gkZojI.jpg

and you’ll have all the features when you edit a club then compare with the query results for that club. Delete what’s not listed in the ACP and you’re done. 👍

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 6:08 AM, Chris Anderson said:

Will the changes made in IPS Version 4.7.8 fix the issues noted above (and allow the app to be renewed again?

Yes app can be renewed and it's compatible with 4.7.9.

I just finished analysing everything and found only one bug which I fixed. I am now sending the new release to the marketplace for approval.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am using this addon and are getting an error if I try to add a Home Page to a club:

Error: Non-static method IPS\clubsenhancements\_General::getClubHomePage() cannot be called statically (0)
#0 /home/mysite/domains/recreationalflying.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\clubsenhancements_hook_ceControllerView->newHomePage()
#1 /home/mysite/domains/recreationalflying.com/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/mysite/domains/recreationalflying.com/public_html/init.php(932) : eval()'d code(114): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->execute()
#3 /home/mysite/domains/recreationalflying.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\clubsenhancements_hook_ceControllerView->execute()
#4 /home/mysite/domains/recreationalflying.com/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Backtrace:
#0 /home/mysite/domains/recreationalflying.com/public_html/init.php(1034): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#2 {main}

Also, not sure if this relates to the addon or not but for the Description field of the club it only takes plain text, there is no editor toolbar for it yet everywhere else on the site uses the WYSIWYG editor.

Any advice on these issues...thanks

Edited by ibaker
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm running Improved Clubs Enhancements Version 2.0.6 on IPS Community Version 4.7.10 running PHP 8.1.19

I am also getting an error when attempting to add a new homepage.  I disabled "all" addons and plugins and created a brand new club with default settings. I also cleared the system caches prior to attempting to add a new home page.

Here is the error message I consistently get:

Could contain: Page, Text

• 2 months later...
On 6/7/2023 at 11:26 PM, Chris Anderson said:

I'm running Improved Clubs Enhancements Version 2.0.6 on IPS Community Version 4.7.10 running PHP 8.1.19

I am also getting an error when attempting to add a new homepage.  I disabled "all" addons and plugins and created a brand new club with default settings. I also cleared the system caches prior to attempting to add a new home page.

Here is the error message I consistently get:

Could contain: Page, Text

I have the same problem 😞