Creating new embeds

AtariAge

I need a new embed for my forum, basically I need to examine a link and then make changes to it.  I was able to do this fairly easily with 3.4.x inside the ACP, but I don't see any mechanism for doing that now. Is there a guide on how to create a new embed, or some examples demonstrating how to do so?

Thank you,

..Al

Anyone?  I see some people have created new embeds in the Marketplace here, so it's certainly possible.  I'm losing money now that I've moved to 4.x because I am not able to add affiliate links to some links.  Would really be nice to fix this!

Thanks for any insight,

..Al

You have a new embed you want to put it in....what is it? Knowing this will help others...example: if the source site allows oembed then you can hook in to the existing oembed functionality, or if it doesn't then you will need a custom editor button to so the work.

If you need to add something to a link if it is from a certain site then you're going to need to hook in...I have an oembed plugin where I do manipulate embed links.

Yes, I just need to modify links to eBay.com.  I can post details here, I have to look at the old 3.4.x forum to see how I had it setup in the ACP, and also go take a look on eBay to see if they've changed these links in the last several years.  Will do that later today.

Thanks,

..Al

Those URL manipulations were removed. I know the problem very well, since I used that heavily in 3.4 as well. 

But in 4.4 you can create plugins to hook into \IPS\Text\Parser and then manipulate URLs (or really anything put into the editor window). But it needs to be coded. There is no ACP interface for this anymore. 

On 7/8/2019 at 1:11 PM, AtariAge said:

Yes, I just need to modify links to eBay.com.  I can post details here, I have to look at the old 3.4.x forum to see how I had it setup in the ACP, and also go take a look on eBay to see if they've changed these links in the last several years.  Will do that later today.

Thanks,

..Al

I would say use @Nathan Explosion's Excellent oEmbed Services management plugin (I am a happy customer), but I can't find anywhere that eBay supports the oEmbed standard, so I'm not sure his plugin would work for you or not.

That External Links Rich Embed is very nice, I could definitely use that for a few sites that my members frequently  link to, including eBay.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention. However, if it doesn't allow modifying the link itself, it wouldn't be useful for my initial inquiry.  I've been busy so I haven't been able to dig up the details of exactly what I need done to eBay URLs, but I will work on that later this week.  I appreciate the feedback so far!

..Al

Archived