This site - unlogical navigation?

Kjell Iver Johansen

I use chrome on an iphone.

I open https://invisioncommunity.com/ and get a screen like this - as far as I can see there is no way to get to the notifications page without tapping several times..

image.thumb.png.6fbc55200fab3ca5af6d24b180bb6198.png I can see that I have 4 notifications, but to read the notifications I'll have to tap 6 times..

image.thumb.png.c441a2b80eb9f58b9a46c066709cdaa9.png 2

image.thumb.png.380bdcec5702081d6face587241b578f.png3

image.thumb.png.6263c29e90171034bab12da1c9f38eaa.png4

image.thumb.png.8ba72cdf7daf10fc4db7727ccf33d044.png5

And on the 6th tap I can see my notifications. Userfriendly? At least it should have been a link in the black field at the bottom of the first screen, as it is with only one notification, or have the notificationmenu - as we have on the desktop version.

1 hour ago, Mark H said:

You can eliminate the first 3 steps in your example by directly visiting https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/

Yes I know that. But if there is 1 notification it leads me to the topic, wouldn't it be logical that if there is more than 1, it directs to notifications when I tap on the black field? As of now, it just disappears and is rather annoying on mobile and ipad. On PC the same page is OK..

I have a nasty habit of clicking the logo to go back to the forum home which obviously it doesn't on here, takes you right back to the homepage.

Always found the navigation slightly irritating after it all changed. 

7 hours ago, dayh said:

I have a nasty habit of clicking the logo to go back to the forum home which obviously it doesn't on here, takes you right back to the homepage.

Always found the navigation slightly irritating after it all changed. 

This guy will always get you to the index of the part of the site you're in:

image.png

23 hours ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

It is, they're just two different installs.

I am sure there is a good reason for it, but why wouldn't IPS want to showcase their (arguably) two biggest modules outside of the Forums module itself by using it for their very own site?

Not saying it's a bad thing, but genuinely curious as to why that's the case...

1 hour ago, Joy Rex said:

I am sure there is a good reason for it, but why wouldn't IPS want to showcase their (arguably) two biggest modules outside of the Forums module itself by using it for their very own site?

Not saying it's a bad thing, but genuinely curious as to why that's the case...

But they do use their own apps.  

They're just combining two IPS sites.  

Archived