User Guide - Help Pages

abetts

I've been using this software for over 15 years now so kinda know how it works, but I forget that new members will of course have no idea of all the functionality they can use. 

Is there a guide I can use to give them an idea of where to start, what they can do etc? 

There used to be a help page some time ago but it's gone now I'm sure! 

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, abetts said:

But it used to. And it should.

Agreed - while one might argue the general interface is intuitive, all the features, PM, etc. do require some explanation, especially where English might not be a user's native language.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in the same boat. Has anybody built an intuitive guide like this we could use as an example for creating our own? @Adriano Faria mentioned some marketplace resources for this. What are some of these? The closest thing I can find to this is:

But this application appears to be a system for creating and presenting these tutorials to users but not the tutorials themselves.

I think you are pretty much on your own for this type of thing. What I do is use Snagit by TechSmith (not too expensive) and create my own visual "Tutorials" and post accordingly. It's an ongoing process and I only create tutorials that I feel warrant the extra explanation. Snagit allows easy screen captures as well as arrows, balloons, etc.

2018-04-09_18-48-44.thumb.jpg.dd5056ce410ac4e8aa457e2404df4883.jpg

On 4/9/2018 at 5:54 PM, JTHastings said:

I think you are pretty much on your own for this type of thing. What I do is use Snagit by TechSmith (not too expensive) and create my own visual "Tutorials" and post accordingly. It's an ongoing process and I only create tutorials that I feel warrant the extra explanation. Snagit allows easy screen captures as well as arrows, balloons, etc.

That's what I will be doing as well. What is your website? Can we look at your guides for guidance in creating our own? I think that would be the most help from everybody reading this that currently has guides up for their users. 

If you (or anybody reading this) has guides for their users, please share them with us so that we can use yours as inspiration for building our.

Archived