Remove Followers

ahc

I'm surprised this isn't already a feature.  Could we possibly have the option to remove members who follow us, similar to how you can remove members you follow in the "Manage Followed Content" page? 

I'm currently having an issue where an account that doesn't exist is following a member, so whenever that member posts, the background task that's created to send notifications gets "stuck", causing other tasks to build up, and the only way to fix this is to delete that member's content.  Not sure if it was an account that was deleted or if it's some sort of bug in Invision's software.

Such a quick fix to remove that one follower from following them, but I can't seem to find out anyway to do it via ACP or front-end profile options. 

On 2/19/2018 at 2:10 PM, Ryan Ashbrook said:

I would suggest submitting a ticket, actually - when a member is deleted, it should also remove them as a follower. If it is not, then that sounds like a bug.

Is there somewhere I can report this?  It's happened to two of my members already, where someone who was following them was deleted but left a "Guests" account on their follower list causing the task to get stuck due to the member name being null.

1 hour ago, GASR said:

Is there somewhere I can report this?  It's happened to two of my members already, where someone who was following them was deleted but left a "Guests" account on their follower list causing the task to get stuck due to the member name being null.

Sure - you can always just submit a ticket in your client area and we’ll be happy to take a look for you. :) 

https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/

2 hours ago, GASR said:

Please follow up on ticket #1000367 in which this is being handled for you in our client area.

Thank you

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, Maxxius said:

Is there a way to mass remove everyone's followers? After conversion I fear a backlash from the members about this. Everyone has a lot of friends and now they are getting a lot of emails/notifications.

No, unfortunately not. Note that when you upgrade from 3.x to 4.x the option to convert 3.x friends to the 4.x "followers" concept is not checked by default. I realize it's too late for you to go back in time and leave the default the way it was during the upgrade, but just wanted to make sure others who are considering upgrades are aware, what you are describing isn't what would happen by default.

Just now, bfarber
18 hours ago, Maxxius said:

Is there a way to mass remove everyone's followers? After conversion I fear a backlash from the members about this. Everyone has a lot of friends and now they are getting a lot of emails/notifications.

No, unfortunately not. Note that when you upgrade from 3.x to 4.x the option to convert 3.x friends to the 4.x "followers" concept is not checked by default. I realize it's too late for you to go back in time and leave the default the way it was during the upgrade, but just wanted to make sure others who are considering upgrades are aware, what you are describing isn't what would happen by default.

Speaking of default settings, is there a way to reset notification settings and other setting to default when viewing them on the page as of yet?

Archived