4.2.7 slower than 4.2.6

ChrisVanMeer

4.2.7 works fast for me - I have no difference in speed loading site. There is even a slight improvement in performance.
You check for up-to-date versions of your theme and plugins from 3rd Party - it is possible that your delay is one of them. I think version 4.2.7 is a good release.

11 hours ago, ChrisVanMeer said:

Does anyone else has the same issue?

No. And I doubt there even is a general issue with this version, since it was just a bug fix release. Nothing substantial should have been changed. 

But nevertheless, I would say there IS something wrong with your site. I am getting first byte times for well over a second for simple forum pages (listings/topics). That shouldn’t be the case. But it’s impossible to know what the cause might be from just looking the site. 

Note: this is not me seeing that the problem is not IPS 4.2.7

Please keep in mind that the software patches for the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities may have also been installed on your servers, either by your host or yourself or your server panel software, and due to them being software patches then there is a possibility that a performance impact could be felt.

Again, this is not me seeing that the problem is not IPS 4.2.7 but just putting this out there for people to keep in mind if/when people dig down in to their pre/post upgrade performance data (if they actually have any for pre/post comparisons)

4 hours ago, opentype said:

But it’s impossible to know what the cause might be from just looking the site. 

Thanks.

I have logged a support ticket, hopefully they can find out what's causing it.
It used to be click - bam...there's the page...now it's click...wait for it...there it comes...there.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived