Why do IPS keep changing the html/css

steve00

As per title

What is purpose of this line in the html template

<h2 class="ipsType_sectionTitle ipsHide ipsType_medium ipsType_reset ipsClear">5 topics in this forum</h2>

If do not want it to show then why not remove it completely

It just seems so silly, earlier versions it was showing but now you add the class .ipsHide

If we alter the template to remove the .ipsHide then we have to revert template and remove the css from template with possibly every upgrade

Unless someone can explain a good reason why it is now like that ?

6 minutes ago, Mr 13 said:

It remains there so if someone wants to display it they can remove the ipsHide element. It allows for flexibility for theme designers.

In ths case it should be commented, not hidden via css (for seo reasons). Also why 99.9% of users should care about 0.1% of bad designers which possibly could use that(but in most cases will not) and can't do it on their own?

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:49 PM, Charles said:

It remains there so if someone wants to display it they can remove the ipsHide element. It allows for flexibility for theme designers.

But a bit of css will hide it anyway if not wanted without having to touch the template (otherwise may have to revert template for each upgrade and then re-do the change)

It has always been there so why change something that isn't broke.

Seems IPS coders spending more time doing these silly small not required changes to templates when there are more important issues that need resolving

Just my two cents worth

Have made that area viewable with css so no need to touch template but as said it could have been hidden by using css without you adding code to template if someone did not want it to show.

1 hour ago, steve00 said:

Have made that area viewable with css so no need to touch template but as said it could have been hidden by using css without you adding code to template if someone did not want it to show.

but then how can we make it show, If you use { display: none } in the css then you will need to override the display with something, I think it would be easier for a hook to remove the ipsHide class then override a display via css

For a themer it may be different but for apps and plugins its defo eaiser

RhOFj36.png

3 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

but then how can we make it show, If you use { display: none } in the css then you will need to override the display with something, I think it would be easier for a hook to remove the ipsHide class then override a display via css

RhOFj36.png

Not sure I understand what you mean

to make the area I am referring to show then in custom.css (no idea of other areas without seeing the html/css used)

.ipsApp.ipsApp_front .ipsType_sectionTitle.ipsHide {
    display: block;
}

3 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

RhOFj36.png

Where do you get this tool from?

Archived