Bookmarks - Support Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.  Some of my members are having trouble when they try to view their bookmarks from the bookmarks tab on their profile.  When I log in as a regular member, I can see them OK.  But if I log in as that member to look at their bookmarks, I get a PHP error.

I'm specifically having trouble on this member.

I repaired the databases.  I tried creating a uncustomized theme.  I cleared the cache.

• Invision Community v4.7.1
  • Bookmarks 2.0.6

Here's what was in the system log:

Error: Call to a member function canView() on null (0)
#0 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(494): IPS\bookmark\Bookmark\_Table->getRows(Array)
#1 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(353): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#2 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(17): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#3 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\members\trophies_hook_profile->manage()
#4 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(81): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#6 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Backtrace:

#0 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/init.php(1029): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(578): IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(353): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#3 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(17): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#4 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\members\trophies_hook_profile->manage()
#5 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(81): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#7 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Fosters. Thanks for the app I'm currently testing it. I've got what possibly is a silly question, but I can't find the solution anywhere.

For some reason the Bookmark link in the posts comes in between two other ones:

Could contain: Text, Page

What can I do to put "Bookmark" at least after the "Quote" link (or even last)? I just wish to keep the two icons (mention and multi-quote) first. Cheers.

11 hours ago, PPlanet said:

Hi @Fosters. Thanks for the app I'm currently testing it. I've got what possibly is a silly question, but I can't find the solution anywhere.

For some reason the Bookmark link in the posts comes in between two other ones:

Could contain: Text, Page

What can I do to put "Bookmark" at least after the "Quote" link (or even last)? I just wish to keep the two icons (mention and multi-quote) first. Cheers.

It’s a tricky situation when there’s more than one template hook changing the same position. I’ll see what Incan do. 

Hello,

We just got and installed the Bookmarks app. Two questions:

1) Is there a section, other than Template Editing, in the AdminCP where there is Settings and Controls for the App beyond what Groups can see it.?

2) If I wish to Excerpt/Truncate the Post in the "My Bookmarks" and in the "Export Bookmarks" is there a way to do that, or I should I head to Template Editing?

And small note, like @PPlanet above, our "Bookmarks" is showing up to the left of Quotes.

Thank you.

Edited by MLS
15 hours ago, MLS said:

1) Is there a section, other than Template Editing, in the AdminCP where there is Settings and Controls for the App beyond what Groups can see it.?

No.

15 hours ago, MLS said:

2) If I wish to Excerpt/Truncate the Post in the "My Bookmarks" and in the "Export Bookmarks" is there a way to do that, or I should I head to Template Editing?

Editing the templates (or hiding it via CSS) would be the only way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello @Fosters

Trust you are doing well.

I am having a couple of issues with the bookmark application. Running the latest stable IPS version 4.7.4 and the last version of Bookmarks.

A couple of issues:

• Sidebar categories. When I click on any of the categories, I will not see the posts added to that category. I have a category with 1 post added. I click on it and I will see everything, public and private ones. Another with 50, click on it and nothing, everything is shown 😞
  • There is no way to filter bookmarks by date or A-Z

I don't know what is going on, but the fact that the sidebar categories do not work is rending the application useless. I don't know why this is happening 😞

Am I doing something wrong? Is this known issue? See screenshot

Thanks

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

Thanks, I can confirm the bug with broken pagination in the categories, but not that the categories filter doesn't work at all.

1 hour ago, OptimusBain said:

There is no way to filter bookmarks by date or A-Z

That's unfortunately not possible because of the way how the data are stored and the multi content type support.

• Sidebar categories. When I click on any of the categories, I will not see the posts added to that category. I have a category with 1 post added. I click on it and I will see everything, public and private ones. Another with 50, click on it and nothing, everything is shown 😞

Thanks, I have fixed the issue. Will run some further tests and release the new version tomorrow.

18 hours ago, Fosters said:

Thanks, I have fixed the issue. Will run some further tests and release the new version tomorrow.

I see there was a new release today. It mentions something about the category issue as a fix, but I tried it after the update and the same problem exists. I click on the sidebar category list and the left block will show all the bookmarks instead of a couple.

I see there was a new release today. It mentions something about the category issue as a fix, but I tried it after the update and the same problem exists. I click on the sidebar category list and the left block will show all the bookmarks instead of a couple.

Yes it should be fixed.
Can I take a look at your community? Could you probably share the account which is experiencing this? (just change the password temporary so that I can log in with the account to take a look at the URL and params)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have some errors in the system log related to Bookmarks. 

SELECT COUNT(*) as cnt FROM `bookmark_items` WHERE member_id=25654 AND app IN('core','cms','blog','downloads','nexus','gallery','forums','convert','bookmark','autowelcome','classifieds','clubsenhancements','ignoretopics','memberscountry','neappcontactus') AND ( visibility_type=1 OR ( visibility_type=2 and member_id=) )
IPS\Db\Exception: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ') )' at line 1 (1064)
#0 /mysite/system/Db/Select.php(388): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /mysite/system/Db/Select.php(446): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /mysite/system/Db/Select.php(370): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /mysite/applications/bookmark/sources/Bookmark/Table.php(111): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /mysite/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(494): IPS\bookmark\Bookmark\_Table->getRows()
#5 /mysite/applications/bookmark/extensions/core/Profile/Bookmarks.php(69): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#6 /mysite/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(353): IPS\bookmark\extensions\core\Profile\_Bookmarks->render()
#7 /mysite/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#8 /mysite/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(81): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /mysite/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#10 /mysite/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

BACKTRACE

#0 /mysite/init.php(1029): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 /mysite/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(574): IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#2 /mysite/applications/bookmark/extensions/core/Profile/Bookmarks.php(69): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#3 /mysite/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(353): IPS\bookmark\extensions\core\Profile\_Bookmarks->render()
#4 /mysite/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#5 /mysite/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(81): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /mysite/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#7 /mysite/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Looks like I can reproduce it by visiting the following URL as a guest - /profile/user-username/?tab=node_bookmark_Bookmarks

Hello, when I go into Member Settings->Notifications->Content Bookmarks on the forum backend I get the following error:

A configuration or server error has occurred

EX0 Something went wrong. Please try again.
TypeError: in_array(): Argument #2 ($haystack) must be of type array, null given (0)
#0 /chroot/home/yirish/youririshheritage.com/html/community/applications/core/modules/admin/membersettings/notifications.php(185): in_array()
#1 /chroot/home/yirish/youririshheritage.com/html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\admin\membersettings\_notifications->edit()
#2 /chroot/home/yirish/youririshheritage.com/html/community/applications/core/modules/admin/membersettings/notifications.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /chroot/home/yirish/youririshheritage.com/html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\membersettings\_notifications->execute()
#4 /chroot/home/yirish/youririshheritage.com/html/community/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Do you know why this might be?