Bookmarks - Support Topic

On 10/8/2021 at 5:06 AM, OptimusBain said:

I modified a couple of things of the default theme, just a few colours. And added a few plugins like Make a Tutorial from Adriano Faria and Change Author. I have disabled the plugin that displays the Edit and Report links under the post and the multiquote + button still appears. See below

image.png.1ddc7f20a1dfc602bb2c6f64936b3fa4.png

When i disable the bookmark app, the QUOTE button comes back and the multiquote is gone. See below please @Fosters

image.png.7430a0d3642ddf9287d52368ef873a58.png

Any news about this issue? I've disabled the Bookmark plugin and the Quote button will appear correctly. Once Bookmark is enabled, the + multiqoute will appear instead @Fosters

9 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Any news about this issue? I've disabled the Bookmark plugin and the Quote button will appear correctly. Once Bookmark is enabled, the + multiqoute will appear instead @Fosters

It doesn't happen on the stock theme for me, I suspect it's because you have the Make Tutorial link there as well which is forcing it to overflow. Maybe create an icon for the bookmark link and edit that into the template?

4 minutes ago, Dll said:

It doesn't happen on the stock theme for me, I suspect it's because you have the Make Tutorial link there as well which is forcing it to overflow. Maybe create an icon for the bookmark link and edit that into the template?

Mmmm.. I have disabled the Tutorial button, edit and report buttons. There is now a LOT of room to fit all buttons. Still, the QUOTE button does not appear, only the + button. I am not sure what could be wrong 😞

6 minutes ago, Dll said:

Maybe create an icon for the bookmark link and edit that into the template?

I wish I knew how to do that lol @Dii

• 1 month later...

Hello @Fosters

I've contacted you by sending a PM but I didn't have any reply. I'm having serious problems with the Bookmarks application. I need to fix them, I just can't work with it.

1. New user groups won't be able to see the bookmark link. I've tried it in many different ways
2. I cannot edit an existing user group. It will give an error
3. The bookmark text link at the bottom of the posts will force the QUOTE link to become a + icon for multiquote. I've disabled the plugins that added new icons at the bottom of the posts, and the result is the same. No QUOTE link

The third one is the smallest of the problems. 1 and 2 are critical. Please, get back to me!

Thanks a lot

• 3 weeks later...

@Fostersafter the last update, the bookmarks application has stopped working. I am running the latest bookmark application and the latest IPS version released a few days ago.

Every time I try to bookmark a post, it will say that the item doesn't exist. It happens on all user groups. It just stopped working. See attachment.

What could be wrong?

SmartSelect_20211221-143850_Chrome.jpg

Edited by OptimusBain
EX1048 Something went wrong. Please try again.

INSERT INTO `ipb_bookmark_grouppermissions` ( `group_id`, `can_create_bookmarks`, `can_create_private_bookmarks` ) VALUES ( NULL, 0, 0 )
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'group_id' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/system/Db/Db.php(938): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*site::site::IPS...', Array)
#1 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/init.php(903) : eval()'d code(33): IPS\_Db->insert('bookmark_groupp...', Array)
#2 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/applications/bookmark/extensions/core/GroupForm/Bookmark.php(25): IPS\Member\bookmark_hook_group::bookmarkPerms(NULL)
#3 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(207): IPS\bookmark\extensions\core\GroupForm\_Bookmark->process(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#4 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#5 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(39): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#7 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Why are there constant problems only with this plugin ... 🤢

Who has a similar problem when creating a user group?

Edited by INDIG0
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 4:20 PM, INDIG0 said:
EX1048 Something went wrong. Please try again.

INSERT INTO `ipb_bookmark_grouppermissions` ( `group_id`, `can_create_bookmarks`, `can_create_private_bookmarks` ) VALUES ( NULL, 0, 0 )
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'group_id' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/system/Db/Db.php(938): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*site::site::IPS...', Array)
#1 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/init.php(903) : eval()'d code(33): IPS\_Db->insert('bookmark_groupp...', Array)
#2 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/applications/bookmark/extensions/core/GroupForm/Bookmark.php(25): IPS\Member\bookmark_hook_group::bookmarkPerms(NULL)
#3 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(207): IPS\bookmark\extensions\core\GroupForm\_Bookmark->process(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#4 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#5 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(39): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#7 /var/www/site/data/www/site.com/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Why are there constant problems only with this plugin ... 🤢

Who has a similar problem when creating a user group?

Are you still experiencing this?

Looking at your screenshots for this plugin, it seems that users can download the content they've bookmarked?

Mine is a private, paid community — and so I don't want people to be able to download anything. Is there an option to turn this off?

Other than that, this is looking like the perfect solution for me. Fingers crossed that the download feature won't be a barrier!

On 1/22/2022 at 12:37 PM, Elaine Kiziah said:

Looking at your screenshots for this plugin, it seems that users can download the content they've bookmarked?

Mine is a private, paid community — and so I don't want people to be able to download anything. Is there an option to turn this off?

Other than that, this is looking like the perfect solution for me. Fingers crossed that the download feature won't be a barrier!

@Fosters Can you address this question about downloads? If there's documentation with an answer about this, I can't find it. Thanks!

Apologies for the delay, the download feature will export only a list with the links to the content and not the content.

There's no setting yet, but I guess it's a fair suggestion. Will add a setting for this for the next release for 4.6.10

In the meanwhile you could hide the button by removing it from the /bookmark/sidebar template

<a href="#elMyMenu" id='elMyMenu' data-ipsMenu class="ipsButton ipsButton_action ipsButton_important ipsButton_fullWidth">{lang="bookmark_export"}</a>

23 hours ago, Fosters said:

Apologies for the delay, the download feature will export only a list with the links to the content and not the content.

There's no setting yet, but I guess it's a fair suggestion. Will add a setting for this for the next release for 4.6.10

In the meanwhile you could hide the button by removing it from the /bookmark/sidebar template

<a href="#elMyMenu" id='elMyMenu' data-ipsMenu class="ipsButton ipsButton_action ipsButton_important ipsButton_fullWidth">{lang="bookmark_export"}</a>

Fabulous, thank you! Sounds like this is a GREAT solution for me. Looking forward to installing it and letting my members know that this is now an option for them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 3:45 PM, Elaine Kiziah said:

Fabulous, thank you! Sounds like this is a GREAT solution for me. Looking forward to installing it and letting my members know that this is now an option for them.

Not sure if you saw this, but the new version includes this feature.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:48 PM, Chris027 said:

However, this new bookmark was placed in every new users bookmarks. It could've placed in in existing users as well but I didn't look.

Do you mean any new members which registered after you created the private bookmark or literally any other member?

38 minutes ago, Fosters said:

Do you mean any new members which registered after you created the private bookmark or literally any other member?

I saw it for all new members. Then I deleted my private bookmark and it was gone from everywhere. I do t know about existing members. 

• 1 month later...

Good morning @Fosters

I just wanted to let you know that the bookmark application is sending a notification when a user bookmarks its own posts. That shouldn't happen. I believe the bookmark was public. I have the notification for my own bookmark though. It happened.

Secondly, would it be possible to display if a bookmark is public or private on the list of bookmarks? I can't see that information. Thanks so much.

Edited by OptimusBain
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OK then.

Go back to 2018 😞 

On 9/11/2018 at 6:53 AM, alexxis said:

Hello,

Why my own private bookmarks are shown in other member's profile nodes (tabs)? Is this a normal behavior? If yes, what is the reason to do this? Those users, even with no content at all shouldn't have this tab with the bookmarks, which are no related to them at all. In my opinion, since the bookmarks are private, I should see them only in my own profile tab.

This weird issue is still did not changed 😞 Is that so diffucult to fix it? Or is that considered as a Normal behavior when I can see my private bookmarks in other users' profiles, since it is not fixed yet (during 4 years!!)

On 9/11/2018 at 9:52 PM, alexxis said:

I did my further investigation and I want to point out some cases and issues to @Fosters ' attention:

b) is it possible to put all the application settings in one place? If a big community has lots of groups, it becomes annoying to change them one by one for activating the bookmarks. Also, for me it was hard to find the place, where you input the "simple mode" activation 🙂 Why not to let all the settings editable in one separate place?

c) when adding a bookmark, we see the bookmark adding time, but there is no time for the message posting, and even no author of the bookmarked content shown! Would you mind implement this please?

f) if the group setting does not allow that group's members to add private bookmarks, in the simple mode they are still added in the private status 😞 

Could you please find some time to try to fix those 4 years ago reported issues? I have tested them, the bugs are still there 😞 

@Fosters