Bookmarks - Support Topic

12 hours ago, Fosters said:

Pages is an own application from IPS?!

My question is....You say this 

Open the Pages App Template Editor and open for the "record" template

The problem as you can see from my screenshot I don't have the Pages template so I cannot install your bookmark template. 😞

9 hours ago, V0RT3X666 said:

I guess he means if you want to use bookmarks in pages you have to add some code in the templates manually, right?

If you don't use pages, you can skip that step.

Ya it's weird. According to the instructions on this page, that's the only step. Am I wrong? I purchased the bookmark plugin and don't know how to install it because you have to install some code on the pages template. Unless there are other steps somewhere else I'm not seeing. It's not very clear to me.

I installed bookmark.tar and then I tried to install the other one but it said it was already installed. Weird. 

It appears as though it installed correctly but when I go here I see this.  I also don't see a bookmark option here

I set the permissions to allow for all 4 categories and the app is  enabled.  You have this photo but I don't know how I can find it in my admin control panel. Thanks @Fosters!

5 hours ago, Justin Stellman said:

I have fosters_bookmark_1.6.1.tar and bookmark.tar 

In the past it was possible to have multiple versions of the same item in the Marketplace wich is obsolete with 4.5, I guess one of the files is just for an older IPS-Version. Haven't used this for some time, but I guess the 1.6.1 is the latest version for 4.4.

Just Installed it for testing, have you set usergroup permissions for who can bookmark too? https://prnt.sc/ubwdid

[edit] If you are on 4.5.x and still don't see the Booksmarks button in the posts, you have to edit the post template manually. From 4.4 to 4.5 the code of the theme has changed and it looks like the old hook isn't working anymore.

But you can fix that manually until this addon is updated. Just go to Customization -> Themes and click on the </> Icon. In the list of the forums scroll down to forums -> front -> topics -> post.

In that template search for <li class='ipsHide' data-role='commentLoading'> and insert this code above...

{{if $comment->canBookmark()}}
	<li>{template="bookmarkLink" app="bookmark" group="bookmark" location="global" params="$comment"}</li>
{{endif}}

The other method would be editing the hook itself, but I guess that's too complicated for beginners.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:05 PM, V0RT3X666 said:

Just go to Customization -> Themes and click on the </> Icon. In the list of the forums scroll down to forums -> front -> topics -> post.

In that template search for <li class='ipsHide' data-role='commentLoading'> and insert this code above...

<li>{template="bookmarkLink" app="bookmark" group="bookmark" location="global" params="$comment"}</li>
{{endif}}

When I do this, all of my posts on the forum show this error:

732043630_ScreenShot2020-09-08at10_35_46AM.thumb.png.c72a6133e14d99836a0ac39ccb23a4b0.pngAny ideas on what I'm doing wrong? @Vort3x @Fosters

Edited by Sarah Mackenzie
On 9/8/2020 at 12:12 PM, V0RT3X666 said:

Not without more details or taking a look by myself. 

Would either of you be willing to take a peek and see what I might be doing wrong, @Vort3x @Fosters? I've updated the Bookmarks plugin (just today) via the Marketplace section in my AdminCP. When I try to do this:

Just go to Customization -> Themes and click on the </> Icon. In the list of the forums scroll down to forums -> front -> topics -> post.

{{endif}}

The other method would be editing the hook itself, but I guess that's too complicated for beginners.

... I get this error on all of my posts: image.png.9a26e1d239972ca7ca5beb005a6801e4.png

On 9/14/2020 at 2:42 PM, Square Wheels said:

I don't think it's the theme.  I just turned on mark as solved, that added another item in the footer of posts and that has proper spacing.

It's a tiny issue, but it would look nicer.

bookmark.png.1b3bf35b49bd9f1291e55f118261ab3d.png

I've talked with ehren and we've found a solution for this 🙂

17 hours ago, Jaymez said:

I cannot download this. I bought this I thought, but there was no download option, so I bought it again and there is still no download option?

There's no download feature in the new IPS Marketplace anymore. All the applications and plugins need to be installed via the ACP