Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

5 hours ago, Xochiquetzal said:

First of all, thank you for all of this, it's incredible and I appreciate the work you've done to make things easier on yourself and for us! I have been back and forth trying to keep up during work while also checking to make sure my forum didn't burn down from the changes (it did, but a quick swap-out corrected the issues [I was in such a panic I didn't save anything from the previous versions so that's my loss, though not a huge one. I have the colors I pulled from the old dark theme I used plus the background image since I used them to color match with my accompanying wiki so I will tweak that later])

One thing I am noticing for both my forum and others in screenshots (and the ones you provided for the updated theme) is that our forums don't resemble your demo forum. Is there a major difference between the two besides the aesthetic and is there specific coding to achieve that header look?

Thank you.

In the demo page here https://ipskit.com/ i have simply installed the latest magnum theme version from marketplace, and installed the ipsKit theme addons app. plus enabling all the features like swiper slider and footer blocks...etc)

if something is not the same as the demo page please let me know  

there was a problem with the logo not being aligned correctly. check this comment 2874811 to fix the logo if its floated on left side of the screen.

5 hours ago, Xochiquetzal said:

Also, will the color overlay for the sliders make a come back in the distant future? That was useful for the banner types I had. I'm making use with the text background feature for now so glad to have something in place.

sorry it wont come back because its really just easier to use the custom.css for styles 🙂

.swiper:before {
    content: "";
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    bottom: 0;
    right: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    background: linear-gradient(to top, black 0%, transparent 35%, transparent 0%, white 100%);
    z-index: 2;
}

Edited by TAMAN
1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

Thank you.

In the demo page here https://ipskit.com/ i have simply installed the latest magnum theme version from marketplace, and installed the ipsKit theme addons app. plus enabling all the features like swiper slider and footer blocks...etc)

if something is not the same as the demo page please let me know  

there was a problem with the logo not being aligned correctly. check this comment 2874811 to fix the logo if its floated on left side of the screen.

sorry it wont come back because its really just easier to use the custom.css for styles 🙂

.swiper:before {
    content: "";
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    bottom: 0;
    right: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    background: linear-gradient(to top, black 0%, transparent 35%, transparent 0%, white 100%);
    z-index: 2;
}

In reading through and looking at everyone's screenshots (and your screenshots) most of our forums look like this:

spacer.png

but I notice in your demo you have this:spacer.png

And then I notice in the updated theme screenshots it's similar to ours:

spacer.png

So I wasn't sure if there was a difference between the two.

Also, duh! I am so sorry! I forgot I can even plug something like that in. Definitely much easier with CSS. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, dutchsnowden said:

How can I deactivate ALL backgrounds in the theme? How can I activate dark mode?

Hi,

if you have installed the ipsKit theme addons app then just dialable background picker  here 

ACP --> Customizations --> ipskit addons --> background picker

you can enable darkmode for your theme here ... ACP --> Customizations --> Themes -> edit your theme and go to Dark Mode tab --> click "Insert Demo" and save the theme 🙂 

Edited by TAMAN
16 minutes ago, dutchsnowden said:

Love the theme but not what I was looking for. I just needed a nice dark theme. Is there any way I can ask Invision for a refund?

I'm sorry, I can't refund you because it's a premade theme and it also has a preview link to see it live before you buy it. however, I can help with anything you want related to this! 🙂 

maybe there are small tweaks or css customizations that you need, or perhaps there is something you dont like and maybe it can be disabled or easily modified! 

I mean too complicated for me. I was looking for something simple and dark that I can change accent colors myself.

I do not need all the bells and whistles of side menu, footer, sliders and the backgrounds, tho I tried deactivating them, they were just there. The menu was too big, and with those blue stripes I could not leave them there.

7 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

I'm sorry, I can't refund you because it's a premade theme and it also has a preview link to see it live before you buy it. [...]

Not sure what this means and how a premade theme cannot be refunded, but sure, if you cannot that's it, my loss, paying for something I will not use.

Edited by dutchsnowden
  • 2 weeks later...

I updated my theme and now my entire site looks completely different. There are now texture backgrounds I never chose, my logo is missing in the header, everything looks different. What did I do wrong? I reverted both the global template and navbar template. The ipskit plugin is installed. How do I get my old theme colors and look back? I don't see a palete export option. 

site: https://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/

2 hours ago, dunefreak said:

I updated my theme and now my entire site looks completely different. There are now texture backgrounds I never chose, my logo is missing in the header, everything looks different. What did I do wrong? I reverted both the global template and navbar template. The ipskit plugin is installed. How do I get my old theme colors and look back? I don't see a palete export option. 

site: https://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/

Hi,

There's a bug in showing import/export tab in theme settings and to fix that I would need to update the new ipskit theme addons app which was recently added. everything comes from that app 

and i haven't yet updated because I'm constantly trying to improve the theme. in the next version, this theme will become an application instead of a theme, everything will be the same but instead of installing a theme you will be installing an application.

if you want just message me and i will give you a copy of the app which is fixed and you can use the import/export feature 🙂 

If you dont like the textures and other styles which were added recently, let me know and I can remove or fix it for you 

Hi, I just installed the latest version and ipskit as well, but if I change a color in the theme I activate the dark mode even if it is deactivated in the settings.
how can I do?

then if I activate the slides with ipskit only in the forum and not in the other parts it does not work correctly

2 hours ago, Matteo Fi said:

Hi, I just installed the latest version and ipskit as well, but if I change a color in the theme I activate the dark mode even if it is deactivated in the settings.
how can I do?

sorry i dont understand the question

provide a screenshot maybe? 🙂 

2 hours ago, Matteo Fi said:

then if I activate the slides with ipskit only in the forum and not in the other parts it does not work correctly

When you add a slider in the settings, you can select which applications  e.g. if you select Forums then the slider will show on all forum pages

Edited by TAMAN
13 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

sorry i dont understand the question

provide a screenshot maybe? 🙂

dark mode is off, but after I changed some colors the button still appeared. and in the mobile version it is active without the possibility of changing it

1572050431_Schermata2022-01-23alle02_08_12.thumb.png.5fb15b761a01a317c988f1495910b5ee.png9371707_Schermata2022-01-23alle02_08_37.png.6a9a37d74c32226341a8b40322ea4cd0.png

13 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

When you add a slider in the settings, you can select which applications  e.g. if you select Forums then the slider will show on all forum pages

correct, but if you only select forums this is the result

1395684803_Schermata2022-01-23alle02_09_28.thumb.png.7918c536e7e110932d19f0fbe7ccf5df.png

23 minutes ago, Matteo Fi said:

dark mode is off, but after I changed some colors the button still appeared. and in the mobile version it is active without the possibility of changing it

1572050431_Schermata2022-01-23alle02_08_12.thumb.png.5fb15b761a01a317c988f1495910b5ee.png9371707_Schermata2022-01-23alle02_08_37.png.6a9a37d74c32226341a8b40322ea4cd0.png

Dark mode button doesn't show on mobile and there is actually some other issues like theme color import/export setting which also doesn't show in theme settings 

i cant yet update "ipskit theme addons" app because im trying to separate all the features into stand alone plugins/apps for example a dark mode plugin 

if you want message me and i will give you a copy of the updated ipskit theme addons app which is fixed in all the reported bugs and issues  🙂 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Taman,

After I installed the latest version of Magnum Theme (4.3.5), I've encountered numerous issues as follows:

1) The main logo is not align correctly with the navigation bar.

image.thumb.png.caf68844025d28ece62d82e0b22ea503.png

2) I could not configured the news ticker to properly loaded the latest article from Page. I've already used this template (ta_themes_pages_newsticker.xml) on your previous theme version (4.3.3) with no issue so I guess that it should work on this new version as well. But apparently that it isn't.

image.thumb.png.6253d2e857481c56f1f4631ee782dc95.png

image.thumb.png.b77784faf8d45ec6b5788d49af1f29e1.png

3) When I tried to config the article on page footer using the template from previous version (ta_themes_pages_footer.xml) on your newly created IPSKit Addons plugin, the articles seems to not properly aligned like on the previous theme version.

image.thumb.png.daa09f1684dc094886b3fc23c4525c63.png

image.png.9f26bdfa1d1b3e62a82d645d77edbeed.png

4) This one is the most important issue. I found that the new swiper slider on IPSKit Addons plugin has no ability to load articles from Page using the template from previous version of your theme (ta_themes_pages_slider.xml) And there is no title style and button customization at all. 

image.thumb.png.bbce841e807f87dae60bc3bee4c7240a.png

5) I just DM to you about this issue but I would like to inform you again that IPSkit Theme Copyright Removal 1.0.1 is not working with the new Magnum theme version.

There is no option to downgrade the theme into 4.3.4, which was worked without any issue. Please help. Thank you in advance for your support.

@Foolboy Sorry for the late reply

Heres a new version of "ipskit theme addons" app, but I cant update it in the marketplace...yet

please remove the current version you have in ACP, and install this version manually 

ipsKit Theme addons 1.0.1.tar

Whats new?

1. Fixed reported bugs. 
  2. Footer Blocks is removed (it will be added as a separated application)
  3. Swiper Slider is removed
    I uploaded an updated version of Swiper Slider in this club here... 😄  let me know if you cant download or if it gets deleted by IPS 😄 

Edited by TAMAN

Hello @TAMAN

Thank you for your time and effort to resolve this issue. 

On 2/11/2022 at 10:55 AM, TAMAN said:

If this doesn't get fixed with my previous post, please be patient there's a new version of Magnum theme uploaded and waiting for approval 🙂 

I confirm that the custom css fix from your previous post is working for my issue 1). Thank you.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:31 AM, TAMAN said:

please remove the current version you have in ACP, and install this version manually 

Whats new?

1. Fixed reported bugs. 
  2. Footer Blocks is removed (it will be added as a separated application)
  3. Swiper Slider is removed
    I uploaded an updated version of Swiper Slider in this club here... 😄  

I will wait for the separate version of Footer Block application to see if it could resolve my issue 3). However, even with the recent version of IPSKit Theme Addon that you recently uploaded and also the separated swiper slider application. My issue 2) and 4) from the previous seems to not resolved. Here is how the swiper slider and news ticker appears on the main page:

image.thumb.png.17210355593ad3c8fc579a014da2301c.png

I've configured both swiper slider and news ticker to use the custom page block from previous version of Magnum theme as data source, as shown in the following screenshots:

image.thumb.png.562ceb751bbcfac2f21a198526bbb8c6.png

image.thumb.png.e5c8b34b1ea9de30eaf6f8278459e071.png

image.png.6f921f2d002385d01fc45e155449e99a.png

image.thumb.png.4c9d381a72703b0ad304ac40bfd1b934.png

Other than that, everything is working as expected. Therefore, I have to disable swiper slider and news ticker from my site for now. Please let me know once you come up with the solution or at least revert it back to Magnum Theme 4.3.3 but keep it running on IPS 4.6.10 because I really like how the previous version works perfectly fine. 😅

By the way, I was recently upgraded my web server to use PHP 8.1.2. Is there anything that may conflict with your theme?

Thank you in advance for your support.

35 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

Here is how the swiper slider and news ticker appears on the main page

Its normal 

because you have selected a Pages Block to show in swiper or news ticker and everything of that Pages block including all the html and stuff will show in news ticker or swiper, and they will look messy in structure if you dont customize them.

• you will need  to customize your Pages blocks in order to suite in Swiper slider or news ticker

I have provided an example of recent articles template to show in swiper, so in this screenshot 

image.png.863006696c9b5ad39e2b45b711faed32.png click on Content tab and then on the bottom of the page select "swiper_feed_from_articles" template 🙂 

As for your news ticker block template, i haven't provided any example but its easy to show your article links inside news ticker

again you will need to customize your pages block you have created, and then remove all the HTML of the template but leave the links to show

like this

{{if !empty( $records ) }}
	{{foreach $records as $record}}
		<a href="{$record->url( "getPrefComment" )}" title='{lang="view_this_cmsrecord" sprintf="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack( 'content_db_lang_sl_' . $record::$customDatabaseId, FALSE ), $record->_title"}' class='ipsDataItem_title'>{$record->_title}</a>
	{{endforeach}}
{{endif}}

If you compare this to the default template i haven't modified anything, i simply removed other parts of HTML and left the link tag to show. 

54 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

Other than that, everything is working as expected. Therefore, I have to disable swiper slider and news ticker from my site for now. Please let me know once you come up with the solution or at least revert it back to Magnum Theme 4.3.3 but keep it running on IPS 4.6.10 because I really like how the previous version works perfectly fine. 😅

I hope everything will be normal again and i hope i dont complicate stuff much more than this 😅

57 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

By the way, I was recently upgraded my web server to use PHP 8.1.2. Is there anything that may conflict with your theme?

No, dont worry 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! on this theme, when i scroll down, the top user menu jumps to the side. I love this, but it makes it too wide, and puts a scrollbar at the bottom of my screen. Is there a way i can shrink something to fix this? it does not even need to be by alot.

Also, I seen you fixed the website logo being left aligned too far, wonderful job! Only issue is the bottom 80% (About?) is not clickable, like there is an invisible image covering it, making it almost impossible to click. This is probably not a big issue for most, but I personally use it as if it is a "Home" button.