Musicbox (Support)

1 minute ago, xtech said:

I've tried to add a song to a playlist by editing a playlist. I've inserted the song ID and i got:

The CSRF protection key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Please contact technical support for more information.

Which IPS version are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

This new version was definitely a step forward. Well done!

People of my community have started using it. I have some suggestions for further improvement:

- Side Blocks: although the Top Songs/Playlists/Artists is good, i feel that a nice set of blocks such as "latest" Songs/Playlists/Artists would draw further user attention, specially if used on the first page of the community and improve user involvement with the new songs/albuns/artists. The "Top" widgets are nice but they tend to "stabilize" with time. I know that making those widgets would not take a considerable effort and wouldn't have a considerable performance penalty.

- Social Share: the social buttons should be the same as the ones in the community. It doesn't make sense to make use of another service. For example, in my community i have not linkedin share setup, but in the MusicBox the button is there. Besides that the styling and presentation is not the same. This causes an inconsistent user experience. Please reuse the IPS social share template and functionality.

- Social Share Button on Play Bar: a social share button in the playing bar would be welcome to allow quick share of playing music

Other than this, the app is good and is working reliably!

8 hours ago, xtech said:

This new version was definitely a step forward. Well done!

People of my community have started using it. I have some suggestions for further improvement:

- Side Blocks: although the Top Songs/Playlists/Artists is good, i feel that a nice set of blocks such as "latest" Songs/Playlists/Artists would draw further user attention, specially if used on the first page of the community and improve user involvement with the new songs/albuns/artists. The "Top" widgets are nice but they tend to "stabilize" with time. I know that making those widgets would not take a considerable effort and wouldn't have a considerable performance penalty.

- Social Share: the social buttons should be the same as the ones in the community. It doesn't make sense to make use of another service. For example, in my community i have not linkedin share setup, but in the MusicBox the button is there. Besides that the styling and presentation is not the same. This causes an inconsistent user experience. Please reuse the IPS social share template and functionality.

- Social Share Button on Play Bar: a social share button in the playing bar would be welcome to allow quick share of playing music

Other than this, the app is good and is working reliably!

Thank you for your feedback. I will consider your idea. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

As people are using musicbox at my site (which is a musicians community), i found they rarely upload a full playlist. They are uploading their songs, usually just one or two per user. This creates a high amount of song "dispersion" which makes listening overcomplicated: constantly having to go and select another song...

Is is possible to add a functionality (two buttons on the player) to play songs randomly (from all songs in the system) or in sequence, to avoid keep selecting other songs to play?

It would be great for creative communities where users usually don't upload full playlists.

9 minutes ago, xtech said:

As people are using musicbox at my site (which is a musicians community), i found they rarely upload a full playlist. They are uploading their songs, usually just one or two per user. This creates a high amount of song "dispersion" which makes listening overcomplicated: constantly having to go and select another song...

Is is possible to add a functionality (two buttons on the player) to play songs randomly (from all songs in the system) or in sequence, to avoid keep selecting other songs to play?

It would be great for creative communities where users usually don't upload full I ưi

I don't understand, do you mean other button to play a random song in bottom player?

Wonderful update onlyME, thank you so much.

Some more suggestions! :)

* Settings > Sidebar, Add option to stipulate Genres within "Recommended" (as already possible with Playlists and Songs)

* Sidebar has 4 tabs, Week - Month - Year - All..... It would be good to be able to default to a particular one (for example, All), or even better be able to select which tabs are visible.

* Upload New Song - after clicking this button, can we set a default category that it autoselects to within the dropdown menu? Rather than have to manually select a category

* Embed mp3? I love the built-in audio player within Musicbox. I wondered, is it possible to use that same player inside normal forum posts, so that when someone posts a URL that ends in .mp3, it embeds that player? I'm not sure that's even possible.

* Top menu doesn't stay highlighted. For example, if I select the grey tabs "Forums" or "Activity" at the top of the screen (as organised per Menu Manager), then once that page loads then that tab stays highlighted, i.e. it stays visibly selected grey, and so do the grey sub-menus underneath stay shown. However, if I click the grey "Musicbox" tab, then that doesn't stay highlighted grey afterwards, and neither are the submenus underneath visible (unless you run your mouse pointer over the tab again). Can this be fixed so it is obvious on the tabs that the user is inside Musicbox?

Thanks again for a superb app.

4 minutes ago, Neuro said:

Wonderful update onlyME, thank you so much.

Some more suggestions! :)

* Settings > Sidebar, Add option to stipulate Genres within "Recommended" (as already possible with Playlists and Songs)

* Sidebar has 4 tabs, Week - Month - Year - All..... It would be good to be able to default to a particular one (for example, All), or even better be able to select which tabs are visible.

* Upload New Song - after clicking this button, can we set a default category that it autoselects to within the dropdown menu? Rather than have to manually select a category

* Embed mp3? I love the built-in audio player within Musicbox. I wondered, is it possible to use that same player inside normal forum posts, so that when someone posts a URL that ends in .mp3, it embeds that player? I'm not sure that's even possible.

* Top menu doesn't stay highlighted. For example, if I select the grey tabs "Forums" or "Activity" at the top of the screen (as organised per Menu Manager), then once that page loads then that tab stays highlighted, i.e. it stays visibly selected grey, and so do the grey sub-menus underneath stay shown. However, if I click the grey "Musicbox" tab, then that doesn't stay highlighted grey afterwards, and neither are the submenus underneath visible (unless you run your mouse pointer over the tab again). Can this be fixed so it is obvious on the tabs that the user is inside Musicbox?

Thanks again for a superb app.

I'm not sure, but I will consider your ideas.

Edited by onlyME
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, xtech said:

Hi, 

me and my users are obtaining an error when trying to add a new artist. The error appears before the category dialog appears. The error is the dialog " Something went wrong. Please try again. "

Please help.

Do you use the newest version? I can can not reproduce this issue.