Musicbox (Support)

Thanks for this application @onlyME. I have a few suggestions regarding the application, like: 

• If no track is playing, the album/song cover should be hided. Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/ajbgcy
  • A download button for each track would be great (also; the download permission per usergroup could be handy). 
    Also; if a download button has been added, it would be nice to have a download counter for each track. 
  • When you play a song and press the 'back-button' on your browser; it will take a while... also the song stops for a few seconds and will continue. 
  • It would be nice to have an option on the main page of the application to list the latest tracks. 

More to come ^_^ 

Edited by Martin1980
Just now, Martin1980 said:
  • If no track is playing, the album/song cover should be hided. Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/ajbgcy
  • A download button for each track would be great (also; the download permission per usergroup could be handy). 

I will update in the next version

When you play a song and press the 'back-button' on your browser; it will take a while... also the song stops for a few seconds and will continue. 

It's due to my hosting :rofl: it's slow to load music files.

OK great; also a report button would be good for songs that are not available for example... and would it be possible to add custom fields for each track uploading? 

Checking file is available or not may causes slow loading, I will think about custom fields.

The uploaded song file is not playable; a 500 error occurred. Please check: 

AH01215: suexec policy violation: see suexec log for more details: /home/username/public_html/DOMAIN/dev/uploads/monthly_2016_03/56f3ec044cf4f_HardwellFeat.JakeReese-RunWild(ExtendedMix)www.Party-Sound.pl.mp3.68a277dd92992d247b22c2025c5aa7f5.mp3

Another bug report: once you change the artist of an uploaded file (with no artist selected); it will not be saved. Please check: http://sendvid.com/hlya9hx8

Edited by Martin1980
4 minutes ago, Martin1980 said:

The uploaded song file is not playable; a 500 error occurred. Please check: 

AH01215: suexec policy violation: see suexec log for more details: /home/username/public_html/DOMAIN/dev/uploads/monthly_2016_03/56f3ec044cf4f_HardwellFeat.JakeReese-RunWild(ExtendedMix)www.Party-Sound.pl.mp3.68a277dd92992d247b22c2025c5aa7f5.mp3

Please remove .pl before the extension.

I am trying to; however the 'upload new song' button is not visible (even if the permissions are set for the administrator usergroup)

Go to ACP > Support > select Something isn't working correctly. and click 'Continue', in step 1 or 2 you will see "cleared badly cache" message.

Just now, Elena-Viorica said:

Just wondering about whether this app does not conflict with IPS' policy of not using the script to distribute copyrighted content. I assume that having an entire music library hosted on your site will attract a lot of DMCA reports from music houses and artists.

Hi,

It has been tested and approved by moderator before displaying on the marketplace. A site that violates the DMCA or not due to the contents. An application was made for who need it.

59 minutes ago, Elena-Viorica said:

Just wondering about whether this app does not conflict with IPS' policy of not using the script to distribute copyrighted content. I assume that having an entire music library hosted on your site will attract a lot of DMCA reports from music houses and artists.

I have been running music websites since 2009 and as an administrator you've the responsibility to check the website for illegal uploaded files. The users (and on my website, these are artists/music composers) are allowed to upload their own created music, are they? It's like SoundCloud; with a user policy and user agreement. 

• 3 weeks later...

I baught the app and i like it tho would it be possible to have the player when a music is chosen to be shown on all forum sites like a global player?

Would be cool since it would be than able to listen to albums and music while browsing the forums contents.

What ive noticed is that the player does not exept iTunes purchased music wich is baught from them wich are .m4a files.
Would it be possible to have those files addable?

1 minute ago, Schitter said:

I baught the app and i like it tho would it be possible to have the player when a music is chosen to be shown on all forum sites like a global player?

Would be cool since it would be than able to listen to albums and music while browsing the forums contents.

What ive noticed is that the player does not exept iTunes purchased music wich is baught from them wich are .m4a files.
Would it be possible to have those files addable?

Hi,

There are widgets and breadcrumb in other applications (forums, blogs, downloads...), and a big problem is IPS does not allow loading widgets, breadcrumb... in ajax. So I only use ajax for my application.

The next version will support m4a files.

Thank you for that damm quick support responce.

+1 for the app, i like it especially because you can add music links but im not sure wich cind of links yet... will figure out ^_^

Is it possible to have youtube music links addable and playable or is that very difficult since its basically a videolink or so wich im not sure of QQ

Is it possible to have youtube music links addable and playable or is that very difficult since its basically a videolink or so wich im not sure of Q

It can not, I have no way to get direct files from youtube, and the player can not play videos. 

Edited by onlyME