Musicbox (Support)

• 1 month later...

Hi, @onlyME

I've just install musicbox. First, great work !
Second, sorry but i've found few bugs :

1. The wide side audio playing works well if we go outside musicbox app (with, i know the little cut), but if we return back again in musicbox with a song playing, the song disappear from the player and of course, stop.
  2. I've tried to upload some m4a files encoded with ffmpeg, that works well with most player, but doesn't work with this player :( (song attached)
  3. As a workaround i've tried to use custom field to add a "high quality download" file to be able to give audio on the website (as mp3) and quality for those who want it, and i've got no any issue with upload, but at download it show an error (Sreenshot)

I will end with little feature request : is it possible to extend custom blocs on nearly all musicbox page (like with IPS apps) ?

Capture d’écran 2017-03-15 à 02.00.45.png

James Bond Jr. PAL NES-Title Screen.m4a

Hi @TLeM4

5 minutes ago, TLeM4 said:

The wide side audio playing works well if we go outside musicbox app (with, i know the little cut), but if we return back again in musicbox with a song playing, the song disappear from the player and of course, stop.

I will fix it in the next version

6 minutes ago, TLeM4 said:

I've tried to upload some m4a files encoded with ffmpeg, that works well with most player, but doesn't work with this player :( (song attached)

It plays. Try to rename the file without space or any special charaters before uploading.

6 minutes ago, TLeM4 said:

As a workaround i've tried to use custom field to add a "high quality download" file to be able to give audio on the website (as mp3) and quality for those who want it, and i've got no any issue with upload, but at download it show an error (Sreenshot)

I will test this problem.

12 minutes ago, TLeM4 said:

I will end with little feature request : is it possible to extend custom blocs on nearly all musicbox page (like with IPS apps) ?

It can not, because I don't have any way to load widgets (blocks) in ajax.

21 hours ago, onlyME said:

It plays. Try to rename the file without space or any special charaters before uploading.

Sorry, but with more and more test with the simplest file name a can try, i'm not able to play any other files than mp3.
Moreover, in browser developer's console, there are a 403 Forbidden error reported on

And this is an official .m4a song file.

Other information : All these files are impossible to download (0 bytes files appear on download)

Edited by TLeM4
Precision
2 hours ago, TLeM4 said:

Sorry, but with more and more test with the simplest file name a can try, i'm not able to play any other files than mp3.
Moreover, in browser developer's console, there are a 403 Forbidden error reported on

And this is an official .m4a song file.

Other information : All these files are impossible to download (0 bytes files appear on download)

Did you check chmod/chown? I can not reproduce the problem, please give the url and an account to test.

Edited by onlyME
19 hours ago, onlyME said:

Did you check chmod/chown? I can not reproduce the problem, please give the url and an account to test.

I've check chmod/chown : no any difference with other files.
However i've done more tests and i have some more information : it seems that song download doesn't work for any file (0 bytes files for download for all)

Other test very useful : m4a song with mp3 extension are played, and mp3 song with m4a extension are not played !

You will see that on my website, i send you account & url in PM

Hi @onlyME,

I've found that my custom fields are not showing when a user is uploading a track.  Is there something that I need to do to make sure they show?

Thanks

Just now, Adam_S said:

Hi @onlyME,

I've found that my custom fields are not showing when a user is uploading a track.  Is there something that I need to do to make sure they show?

Thanks

Apologies, i just figured out what was wrong - operator error! :)  

This is a great app!  However, can i offer some suggestions on things to add in upcoming releases:

- More detailed reporting for the person who uploaded the song (such as a separate page for the uploader which shows them information like: approximate or accurate geolocations of who listened to the song with a google maps overlay; a graph option which shows how often over the past week, month, and year that its been played; a list to show which members have played it the most, etc)

- Restrict who can download songs (according to membership groups)

- Allow the uploader to enable / disable Downloading for their specific song

- Integration with the IPS Tag system (so songs can use the global tags)

- A description field which is listed directly under the song on the song page

2 hours ago, Adam_S said:

This is a great app!  However, can i offer some suggestions on things to add in upcoming releases:

- More detailed reporting for the person who uploaded the song (such as a separate page for the uploader which shows them information like: approximate or accurate geolocations of who listened to the song with a google maps overlay; a graph option which shows how often over the past week, month, and year that its been played; a list to show which members have played it the most, etc)

- Restrict who can download songs (according to membership groups)

- Allow the uploader to enable / disable Downloading for their specific song

- Integration with the IPS Tag system (so songs can use the global tags)

- A description field which is listed directly under the song on the song page

Each category has permission setting for groups can download song.

I think the other ideas are so complex and not necessary for the app.

1 minute ago, onlyME said:

Each category has permission setting for groups can download song.

Ok, thanks

1 minute ago, onlyME said:

I think the other ideas are so complex and not necessary for the app.

:(  I'm not sure whats involved in writing an app, but surely adding the IPS global tags, allowing the uploader to disable downloading, and adding a description field wouldn't be so complex?  A reporting system would be, but perhaps its something you can consider as a longer-term addition to the app?

Just now, Adam_S said:

Ok, thanks

:(  I'm not sure whats involved in writing an app, but surely adding the IPS global tags, allowing the uploader to disable downloading, and adding a description field wouldn't be so complex?  A reporting system would be, but perhaps its something you can consider as a longer-term addition to the app?

I think the genre, artist, and search system are enough and easy to find songs for a music app. Downloading permission is in the category's setting permisisons like other applications. Description field is not necessary, you can use the extra fields. I don't make the reporting system, it's so complex.

17 hours ago, onlyME said:

Downloading permission is in the category's setting permisisons like other applications.

What about allowing the uploader to disable downloading on their particular individual upload?  But keeping the remaining tracks as downloadable.

I think the genre, artist, and search system are enough and easy to find songs for a music app.

What about the case where it might be a primary genre of music, but there's multiple sub-genres, and the global IPS tags have those sub-genres already in there

Description field is not necessary, you can use the extra fields.

I have a Description field in the extra fields, but it appears on the right hand side, not beneath the track, and there doesn't appear to be a way to get it to move it to under the track.

@Adam S I will consider about the Tags if many people need it, but not for the permission of individual upload.

About the description, you can move the extra fields by editting template. 

Theme > musicbox > front > sidebar > songSidebar > remove

<div id='SongCustomFields'>
	{$song->getSongFields()|raw}
</div>

Copy the above code and paste it into Theme > musicbox > front > view > view

• 1 month later...

Love the app!

I know 4.2 beta just came out, but wondering if you have a possible timeline for a compatibility update for this app?  Also, would be nice to have "Clubs" support for this app (it works in Group Collaboration )

Thanks, and keep up the fantastic work on this app.

1 minute ago, DanLemX said:

Love the app!

I know 4.2 beta just came out, but wondering if you have a possible timeline for a compatibility update for this app?  Also, would be nice to have "Clubs" support for this app (it works in Group Collaboration )

Thanks, and keep up the fantastic work on this app.

It will be updated when the 4.2 final is ready.

• 2 months later...

Hi @onlyME i am having some trouble with a language string.

In the club definitions for user group permissions, musicbox is listed as a possible app to add to a club. That's good.

The problem is that it is listed as "musicbox_categories"... shouldn't it be named "Musicbox"?

I couldn't find the language string to change, seems it doesn't exist. Please help.

Just now, xtech said:

Hi @onlyME i am having some trouble with a language string.

In the club definitions for user group permissions, musicbox is listed as a possible app to add to a club. That's good.

The problem is that it is listed as "musicbox_categories"... shouldn't it be named "Musicbox"?

I couldn't find the language string to change, seems it doesn't exist. Please help.

This is a known bug and will be fixed in the next version.

4 minutes ago, onlyME said:

This is a known bug and will be fixed in the next version.

Thank you. It would be really nice. Adriano Faria "Club Enhancements" app exposes that string to club owners and it's very weird to have them looking at it.

Wouldn't be a big problem if only admins can see it, but as normal users can see it it would be very nice if it could be fixed as quick as possible. :) 

First I want to say that i love the app! Keeps getting better and better.  Since 4.2 came out, I have one concern, and one suggestion that I hope you'll consider.

First, the concern has to do with guest permissions in clubs.  I want to prevent guests from listening to music, but the group permissions are not accessible when it is inside a Club.  Would there be a way to disable guests to listen, site wide, and only allow signed in members (or specific user groups) to use the "listen" feature.   I mostly just want to disable guests to be able to listen to music inside a public or open club.

Second, my suggestion. I notice on other music stores a cool feature called "Pay what you want".  So basically allows the buyer to enter their own value for the song, if the musician decides to use the feature.

12 minutes ago, DanLemX said:

First I want to say that i love the app! Keeps getting better and better.  Since 4.2 came out, I have one concern, and one suggestion that I hope you'll consider.

First, the concern has to do with guest permissions in clubs.  I want to prevent guests from listening to music, but the group permissions are not accessible when it is inside a Club.  Would there be a way to disable guests to listen, site wide, and only allow signed in members (or specific user groups) to use the "listen" feature.   I mostly just want to disable guests to be able to listen to music inside a public or open club.

Second, my suggestion. I notice on other music stores a cool feature called "Pay what you want".  So basically allows the buyer to enter their own value for the song, if the musician decides to use the feature.

It can not, if user can access club, they can listen music, read topics, or other items of other applications. This is the way how the clubs work with applications.

If you installed IP.Commercial (Nexus), you can sell your songs. Other user can purchase to listen.