Musicbox (Support)

4 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

How can we rename MusicBox say to Audios

what other names will you suggest ... we will have audio files including lectures (discourse) , songs 

Yes, go to acp to translate language. Find 'Musicbox' and edit to 'Audio'

Edited by onlyME
4 hours ago, onlyME said:

Only albums can have thumbnails uploading. For songs, it displays artist's thumbnail.

1 Where is the option of making albums ?

2 We will have 

• Speeches
  • Songs

For songs we can have artist...

A person who deliver speech / talk is not an artist....

How to go about it....

7 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

1 Where is the option of making albums ?

2 We will have 

• Speeches
  • Songs

For songs we can have artist...

A person who deliver speech / talk is not an artist....

How to go about it....

Sorry, it's playlist. You can set permission in your genres for user group to create playlists.

About songs, it uses artist's photo that you can manage in acp or artist's page. You can also translate 'artist' to what you like in manage language.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2016 at 10:44 AM, Elena-Viorica said:

Just wondering about whether this app does not conflict with IPS' policy of not using the script to distribute copyrighted content. I assume that having an entire music library hosted on your site will attract a lot of DMCA reports from music houses and artists.

There IS a lot of open source music out there though, depending on genre and where you look...

I've been keeping an eye on this application for some time, as it's a great idea and looks very promising for those of us who want to add a music experience to our sites.

I've read through the support thread but still have a couple of unanswered questions (there are a lot of questions! ^_^):

1. I assume it's possible to restrict all listening to certain member groups, even if it's just changing the permissions on the Musicbox tab?  I would only want certain member groups (VIP, Advanced Members, Clients etc) to be able to use this service.
  2. I visited the demo site and while the music panel on the bottom of the screen plays music unbroken while you browse the Musicbox app, it cuts out entirely when one goes to forums.  This is kind of a deal-breaker for me, as I would need my users to be able to listen to music while they browse/write in forums, blogs, Clubs and collabs in Kevin Carwile's Collabs app.  But I was led to believe that this was fixed (even though there is a slight pause in the song when loading, which I can live with)?

Thanks again - your apps look fantastic! :thumbsup:

Just now, liquidfractal said:

I've been keeping an eye on this application for some time, as it's a great idea and looks very promising for those of us who want to add a music experience to our sites.

I've read through the support thread but still have a couple of unanswered questions (there are a lot of questions! ^_^):

1. I assume it's possible to restrict all listening to certain member groups, even if it's just changing the permissions on the Musicbox tab?  I would only want certain member groups (VIP, Advanced Members, Clients etc) to be able to use this service.
  2. I visited the demo site and while the music panel on the bottom of the screen plays music unbroken while you browse the Musicbox app, it cuts out entirely when one goes to forums.  This is kind of a deal-breaker for me, as I would need my users to be able to listen to music while they browse/write in forums, blogs, Clubs and collabs in Kevin Carwile's Collabs app.  But I was led to believe that this was fixed (even though there is a slight pause in the song when loading, which I can live with)?

Thanks again - your apps look fantastic! :thumbsup:

1. Each category has permission settings.

JbTn7JFHQHSVw-G2R6uQFw.png

2. It's not a bug, it's the way how it works. Because in other applications may have sidebars, or custom javascripts but no way to load ips sidebar in ajax, and the a lot of other javascripts will be broken.

38 minutes ago, onlyME said:

2. It's not a bug, it's the way how it works. Because in other applications may have sidebars, or custom javascripts but no way to load ips sidebar in ajax, and the a lot of other javascripts will be broken.

Ok, that makes sense.  Is it possible, say, to open the Musicbox in one tab, right-click to open forums or blogs in a second window and write/edit/submit with the music still playng in the other window? That seems to me the only solution right now.

@Charles I know I'm bringing this up in the context of one specific app here, but let me ask: would allowing IPS apps/sidebars to load in AJAX be enough of a paradigm-shift to really open up the development possibilities for apps like Musicbox and others?  I'm the last person to tell IPS how to code, but could making this possible take IPS to a new level?

1 hour ago, liquidfractal said:

Ok, that makes sense.  Is it possible, say, to open the Musicbox in one tab, right-click to open forums or blogs in a second window and write/edit/submit with the music still playng in the other window? That seems to me the only solution right now.

@Charles I know I'm bringing this up in the context of one specific app here, but let me ask: would allowing IPS apps/sidebars to load in AJAX be enough of a paradigm-shift to really open up the development possibilities for apps like Musicbox and others?  I'm the last person to tell IPS how to code, but could making this possible take IPS to a new level?

Not only the sidebar, the important is javascripts from plugins, or custom templates... So complex to implement.

image.thumb.png.c2b976f2c47baaf8928f3e43d532cf7b.pngWhile creating ne

Error: Call to a member function club() on string (0)
#0 /var/www/html/r276667/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_musicbox_front_post->postPage('\n\n\n<form accept...', 'c0632e6533ecde4...')
#1 /var/www/html/r276667/applications/musicbox/modules/front/musicbox/post.php(171): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('postPage', Array)
#2 /var/www/html/r276667/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\musicbox\modules\front\musicbox\_post->doCreatePlaylist()
#3 /var/www/html/r276667/applications/musicbox/modules/front/musicbox/post.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/r276667/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\musicbox\modules\front\musicbox\_post->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/r276667/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}w play list 

M trying to create new play list

My members unable to download the file

when I click on download link   it take me to thsi link

https://vidyasagar.guru/musicbox/play/10-03-jo-swam-moksh/?do=download&csrfKey=4ee3541184a6bb055da15fd2dbbc7875  

and it says 

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://vidyasagar.guru/musicbox/play/10-03-jo-swam-moksh/?do=download&csrfKey=4ee3541184a6bb055da15fd2dbbc7875 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR

can thsi be due to new cloud settings by IPS ?

https://vidyasagar.guru/musicbox/play/10-03-jo-swam-moksh/

Hello,
Thank you for your wonderful application!
Is it possible to add a button to activate the random play of music of a genre and in our personal playlists?

When one is on an artist's page how to read all these songs?
When I click on the play button of a music it redirects me directly to the page of the music.

Just one music played.Unable to discover new music while doing something else
Edited by Julien Costes
19 hours ago, Julien Costes said:

Hello,
Thank you for your wonderful application!
Is it possible to add a button to activate the random play of music of a genre and in our personal playlists?

Hi,

I haven't found the solution to play random music yet.

When one is on an artist's page how to read all these songs?
When I click on the play button of a music it redirects me directly to the page of the music.

Just one music played.Unable to discover new music while doing something else

This is the way how it works, can not play directly.

It would be very appreciable to add a way to listen to all Musicbox music. This greatly reduces the usefulness of this hit app = /
We have a old jukebox, random reading to read all the contents is the basic function. http://www.otaku-attitude.net/jukebox.html

Concerning uploading files all is uploaded into folders:
/ www / uploads / monthly_XXXX_XX

Is there a way to get everything uploaded to a separate folder like:
/ www / uploads / musicbox
Certainly applying their own record, and it's very handy for different reasons

Just now, Julien Costes said:

It would be very appreciable to add a way to listen to all Musicbox music. This greatly reduces the usefulness of this hit app = /
We have a old jukebox, random reading to read all the contents is the basic function. http://www.otaku-attitude.net/jukebox.html

Concerning uploading files all is uploaded into folders:
/ www / uploads / monthly_XXXX_XX

Is there a way to get everything uploaded to a separate folder like:
/ www / uploads / musicbox
Certainly applying their own record, and it's very handy for different reasons

This is not a good solution, there are a lot of clients use the cloud storage, FTP... :) 

1 hour ago, Julien Costes said:

Yes, but that is not our case.

On your demo you use what? You upload by FTP?

In uses the "External URL" function I can add only one by one the music.
I have 4792 mp3

If I upload everything through FTP.
How to link a folder to a playlist?

It does not support adding folder unfortunately.

• 2 months later...