Option to automatically hide the RSS-imported blog entries

RPG-support

Yes. It may be optional per any particular blog or forum. For example, I am importing art news and do not want all of them to be published in the blog. So, I will check every hidden by default imported entry and unhide some of them.

The option in the blog or forum:

Are RSS imported entries hidden right after import?

No/Yes

As an idea for the IPS developers or Marketplace contributors

An option may be added to the RSS-importing function (Blogs, Forums):

Use stop words: No/Yes

Explanation: 
User adds stop words first in the ACP. If the content which is being imported from the RSS-feed matches any of this words, then this content may be automatically marked as hidden. This option may be independant from the  Are RSS imported entries hidden right after import? option mentioned in the post above.

I think that it may be very useful to hide some unwanted publications from being displayed right after import. And this is something new for the public comunities which are importing news from the RSS-feeds. So, this may be attractive to many.

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Here are the options on an RSS import.

Screenshot_8.png

Am I missing something here?

This is specifically for Foums application. I did not use RSS-importing for forums. I am using for the news blog. There is not such options in the Blogs. So, I am telling about Blogs as the main idea. But if this option is already developed for Forums then it may be added to the Blogs also. 

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

set a restriction on the blog owner account, so that all new content is unapproved.

It may be set to be automatically pending approval for the blog entries if user restrictions are applied. But then all content of this user will be pending approval all around the suite. Practically speaking, this user must be the bot instead of the real user. Sometimes this is not convinient. So, it may be better to have the option on the blog level settings.

Archived