Feature to prevent buddy liking

Apfelstrudel

Hi,

we really would need a feature to prevent buddy liking. Maybe a setting to specify a maximum number of likes a user can give to the same person a day would help.

All the daily/monthly/yearly reputation lists are useless in our community because of this problem.

We've already set the maximum reputation points per day but this setting can't prevent this stupid buddy liking.

8 hours ago, Apfelstrudel said:

Hi,

we really would need a feature to prevent buddy liking. Maybe a setting to specify a maximum number of likes a user can give to the same person a day would help.

All the daily/monthly/yearly reputation lists are useless in our community because of this problem.

We've already set the maximum reputation points per day but this setting can't prevent this stupid buddy liking.

I've suggest this a few times. All we need is a setting.

Maximum likes a user can give another user per day. (i'll set it to 3)

so say you can give 20 a day with the above settings, you can only give 3 a day to each member!

I renamed the Reputation box to simply Likes, because that's all it is, the number of Likes received.

I'll change it back if the system ever truly represents "reputation," which means it could be tied to how many times a member has been reported (false reports could be marked so they did not affect rep), warning points, temps bans, other options like "helpful/not helpful", and there is an algorithm that considers those all plus the number of likes received in any given period, and gives a grade or percentage. Like, This user's rep: B+. Until then it is just the number of Likes so that's what I call it.

Personally? I think this would be better suited to a developer to create. I certainly don't agree it should be core. I'm a chronic liker (actually I'm a like-a-holic" and I feel that it would be detrimental even if it could be turned off. It's a bloatware setting IMHO.

It's a common thing, think of the way people use FB, you see a friend post something and you want to acknowledge it. So you Like it. For me that is not the problem. The problem is, it is the only determining factor for Reputation. Reputation needs an overhaul, and I can see your point about Popular Contributors. Maybe they weren't even contributing anything. We could use Helpful/Not helpful buttons also, that we could enable on a per-forum per-category basis, and these would have more weight than Likes for Contributions. Hoping some improvements are on the way, there was once something called Content Highlights planned, and Lindy has mentioned reputation improvements are on the way.

Archived