How to put on pre-moderation posts with external links?

motomac

Recently on my forum I caught few spammers, who were real people. They create accounts in advance, post real messages in many topics, talk with other people and with each other and post spam links to some e-shops. It looks very similar with real people... they are real people. So it's impossible to prevent this on registration procedure (captcha, questions).

I see only one way to stop this: put every post with links on pre-moderation. How can I make it?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I want something similar: I want that new users can only post links, if they already had written 10 posts.

I searched for a solution, but can't find anything.

I found this answer ...

On 9.8.2013 at 2:17 PM, Michael said:

Create a new group similar to your existing Members group. Change the original Members group to be called something else, such as Newbies, and set up their group promotion to promote them to that new group after 10 posts. Then edit the URL bbcode from the BBCode Management page in the Admin CP and set it so the Newbies group cannot use it but the Members group (and any others you want to allow) can use it.

This will make it so new members that join can post URLs, but they won't be hyperlinked in any way: they'll just show up as text. But then new members will get promoted to a group after having made 10 posts which will let them post links.

...while I can generate a new member group, but I can't find an editor option to disallow the newbie group from posting links.

Any hints?

• 7 months later...
On 24-5-2016 at 1:03 PM, nealtz said:

I want something similar: I want that new users can only post links, if they already had written 10 posts.

I searched for a solution, but can't find anything.

I found this answer ...

...while I can generate a new member group, but I can't find an editor option to disallow the newbie group from posting links.

Any hints?

This will require a hook I think.

4 hours ago, kar3n2 said:

it would be a great hook because these real spam people know how to play it and really a large forum could have far too many external spam links in a short time

Hm, can't believe that i haven't released this yet.
We're using following app https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8450-spam-prevention-suite/  on several of our boards which works quite good :)
It will  put content with chinese characters and/or external links on moderation : ) )

1 hour ago, fosters said:

Hm, can't believe that i haven't released this yet.
We're using following app https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8450-spam-prevention-suite/  on several of our boards which works quite good :)
It will  put content with chinese characters and/or external links on moderation : ) )

Does this include members STATUS posts?  I have a sneaky feeling that human spammers will post regular statuses with links in them as they are so quick and easy to do

Archived