Mass duplicate content in IPS 4

Kirill Gromov

18 hours ago, Performance said:

This is a big problem, I do not understand why nobody cares for it

Because you are wrong. Google doesn’t directly penalize you for having a piece of content in two places. 

If you don’t like this default behavior in Pages, just use a dedicated teaser field and use that instead of the full content in listing views. It is not done automatically, because the content is now full HTML and you can’t just cut that off at a certain point. 

8 minutes ago, opentype said:

Because you are wrong. Google doesn’t directly penalize you for having a piece of content in two places. 

Consider two situations:

1) I am wrong

I have rights as a customer of the company to comment about the situation by support staff? I have every right, however, they decided to keep quiet.

2) Concerning penalties

Google doesn’t directly penalize you for having a piece of content in two places.

From pages of Google Help:

Duplicate content generally refers to substantive blocks of content within or across domains that either completely match other content or are appreciably similar.

If your site contains multiple pages with largely identical content, there are a number of ways you can indicate your preferred URL to Google. (This is called "canonicalization".)

IN IPS4 canonicalization is not used, so the content is considered a duplicate. And this is a bad tone for the site ...

10 minutes ago, Performance said:

I have rights as a customer of the company to comment about the situation by support staff? I have every right …

Do you? Can you show me the line from the contract that states, that IPS guaranties to answer any question you might have about the product in the forums?

10 minutes ago, Performance said:

Google: If your site contains multiple pages with largely identical content …

And this is not really the case here, when you have an article listing page with multiple articles or articles previews and then the individual article page which only contains that article block. 

32 minutes ago, opentype said:

Do you? Can you show me the line from the contract that states, that IPS guaranties to answer any question you might have about the product in the forums?

I'm not saying that they must, therefore, not referring to their guarantees. However, a good tone in the company to be a commentary on the customer's question, the more important question. Moreover, there is a special staff member! 

36 minutes ago, opentype said:

And this is not really the case here, when you have an article listing page with multiple articles or articles previews and then the individual article page which only contains that article block. 

That is, do you think it is right to have a home page of database with full containing all the pages, or the topic with full contents of the article?

7 minutes ago, Storyteller said:

Wrong, look at the article view source and you will find the canonical-url.

Really? And if you look at the created topic that created when you add record to the database, there is also canonical-url, which indicates that the topic will take precedence over the article. This is a big mistake that searchers perceive is not good!

Please understand this question before entering into an argument with me

24 minutes ago, Performance said:

And if you look at the created topic that created when you add record to the database, there is also canonical-url

Hm, sounds for more after all they use it. Maybe in a wrong way but to say " IN IPS4 canonicalization is not used" sounds wrong for me and I still can't see the question in there for me it's a statement. But as you mean I will be off and try to understand it sometime. 

Archived