Personal Photo on Sign Up Form

Adriano Faria

About This File

This plugin will allow users to choose a personal photo during the registration process. Available photo types:

• Upload a photo
  • Import a photo from a URL
  • Gravatar photo

Permissions:

• Upload a photo will appear only if the group set as member_group on your conf_global.php (usually Members) has permission to upload a photo. The Maximum profile photo storage size and Maximum profile photo width/height values will also come from this group.
  • Gravatar photo will appear only if the Gravatar is enabled.

Setting:

• Make personal photo required when creating the account
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@adriano - could there be a bug? I have the plugin installed but have not seen any new registrations for some time... So I tested to register a test account and what happens after I click registr is that I am returned to the registration screen.

I have keyCAPTCHA activated (used at registration) and one more plugin, the (CVH) Country Field (https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7661-country-field/)

I have experimented with several settings and even uninstalled the country field (and deleted the extra profile field added for that plugin) but the problem still remains.

16 minutes ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

@adriano - could there be a bug? I have the plugin installed but have not seen any new registrations for some time... So I tested to register a test account and what happens after I click registr is that I am returned to the registration screen.

I have keyCAPTCHA activated (used at registration) and one more plugin, the (CVH) Country Field (https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7661-country-field/)

I have experimented with several settings and even uninstalled the country field (and deleted the extra profile field added for that plugin) but the problem still remains.

Not sure how I missed that, but it is requiring all the 3 options to be filled. It's wrong. If you choose URL, for exemple, it should check only the URL field.

Please, disable the plugin for now. I'll try to fix it yet today.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, steel51 said:

Thank you for this plugin.

If you choose a checkbox during your registration process, there is no way back, isn't it? So, if you choose one option, and may you don't find you photo locally, you can't unchoose it...?

Checkbox? You mean if you choose to UPLOAD a photo and didn't upload? You can change to Gravatar or URL Photo, if that's your doubt. You can still change your photo on your profile after the account is created.

14 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Checkbox? You mean if you choose to UPLOAD a photo and didn't upload? You can change to Gravatar or URL Photo, if that's your doubt. You can still change your photo on your profile after the account is created.

No, I mean another thing.

During the register process you click on one of three options (profile picture, gravatar, from internet-adress) and after that you decide to register without a photo (for what reason ever).

You cant do that, because all three fields are now mandatory fields. You cant get out of the process without providing your photo or an internet adress.

1 hour ago, steel51 said:

Not a real big problem, only something which I want to mention.

You cant get out of the process. I you want to register without a photo, you must reload the register page.

You can't uncheck a radio box. You get same behaviour om progile. This is not related to the plugin. That's how a radio box works.

1 minute ago, steel51 said:

...or a fourth checkbox "dont upload a photo yet".

The problem will be there in same way. If someone click in any other checkbox, will show same thing.

Guess I'll make just like on profile -> upload a photo: I won't validate the form. The user select an option, if didn't upload or set a URL, I won't save.

1 minute ago, steel51 said:

...or a fourth checkbox "dont upload a photo yet". But this is much space for the plugin on the register page.

Good advice, I would recommend to make this radio box conditional; once a user select a option to upload a image (but not would like to), the fourth radio box will appear.

Archived