Show All IP Addresses

About This File

This application will allow admins to view all IP addresses used by a member on a new tab in his profile and ban those IPs on the same screen, from the forum side. This list will be visible only for those with CAN USE IP TOOLS? mod permission enabled. A link to IP Addresses list will appear on profile personal card.

Setting:

• Allow profile owner to view the list: only moderators with permission 'Can use IP tools?' enabled can view the IP Addresses list. If you enable this, the profile owner will also be able to view the IP Addresses list but he won't see the links to BAN the IP and to USAGES of the IP.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...

What's New in Version 2.0.1:

• Added thousand separator on Number of times used field
  • Added pagination on IP Addresses Used tab in user profile
  • Added new setting to specifiy how many records will be displayed per page in user profile tab
  • Added link to ModCP IP Address Tools on IP Address too
  • Added the Update Check URL. It means that you will be warned on you Admin CP when a new version of this app is released.
Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15.10.2015, 14.53.38, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 2.0.1:

• Added thousand separator on Number of times used field
  • Added pagination on IP Addresses Used tab in user profile
  • Added new setting to specifiy how many records will be displayed per page in user profile tab
  • Added link to ModCP IP Address Tools on IP Address too
  • Added the Update Check URL. It means that you will be warned on you Admin CP when a new version of this app is released.

Works on 4.1?

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Is there any problem on it ? If you want to see it working live, go to file and see a screenshot from 4.0.13.1.

I didn't upgrade my live board yet to 4.1.

No no it was perfect when it came out and perfect still, was just making a poke at ::1 - Thanks :) 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Robert Angle said:

I allow my Moderators to use IP Tools, but I do NOT allow them to ban anything.

This application allows my moderators to ban ip addresses. There should be a setting to disallow this. As it is, I am going to have to edit the templates so that the ban link doesn't appear to moderators, but to admins only.

It will display the link ONLY if the moderator HAS permission to do it:

{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->modPermission('can_use_ip_tools')}}
				<td class='ipsType_center' style='width: 10%;'>
					<a href='{$url2}' data-confirm data-confirmsubmessage="{lang='ips_ban_ip_address_desc'}">{lang='ips_ban_ip_address'}</a> | <a target='_blank' href='{$url1}'>{lang='see_uses'}</a>
				</td>
			{{endif}}

I understand that. But in the core software, Moderators can have access to IP Tools, but the IP Tools in the AdminCP or ModCP does not allow the moderator to ban an IP. Your application now gives them the ability to ban IP's which is a power I don't want my moderators to have. I don't want to turn off their ability to use IP Tools, because it is useful to them. I want to save the ability to actually ban IP's for me and my fellow administrators only.

(In fact, your application is a good teaching tool as to why it's usually not worth banning IP's, as many users have multiple IP's and some users even share an IP)

Something along this line would be better....

{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->modPermission('can_use_ip_tools')}}
	<td class='ipsType_center' style='width: 10%;'>
		{{IF MEMBER = ADMIN}}				
			<a href='{$url2}' data-confirm data-confirmsubmessage="{lang='ips_ban_ip_address_desc'}">{lang='ips_ban_ip_address'}</a> | 
		{{ENDIF}}
			<a target='_blank' href='{$url1}'>{lang='see_uses'}</a>
	</td>
{{endif}}

For me however, I am just going to remove the ban link. We almost never ban IP's anyway.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Fred Krugger said:

I think it was possible before?

No. It always showed to moderators who can view IP addresses.

If you want to change in your install, download and open applications/ipaddresses/extensions/core/Profile/IPAddresses.php and change the showTab() method to:

/**
	 * Is there content to display?
	 * @return	bool
	 */
	public function showTab()
	{
		if( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->isAdmin() )
		{
			return TRUE;
		}

return FALSE;
	}

Save and reupload. You will have to do it everytme a new version is released.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...