Linked Accounts - Post As

4 hours ago, ashkir said:

Hi! Does this modification have any features that allow you to use the same email for multiple accounts? Or, do you have any workarounds for IPB's complete ban on those? 

No. This won't work. When you try to edit a member, it will stop and say that there's someone else with same email and won't save.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi Adriano! I'm wondering if you can add a quick registration to this, so it'd be easier to create a new account through this with a random email or by taking the main account's email and adding +name to whatever it is, as most email providers now support the + symbol. 

1 hour ago, ashkir said:

Hi Adriano! I'm wondering if you can add a quick registration to this, so it'd be easier to create a new account through this with a random email or by taking the main account's email and adding +name to whatever it is, as most email providers now support the + symbol. 

I have an app called Master Accounts that creates characters (slave accounts), with "random" emails. I'll reply your PM tomorrow in the morning with screenshots.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 weeks later...

So, i've had this app for awhile now, as you are aware, but I have changed my skin and am wondering if the switch accounts menu can be placed in a sideblock at all and, if so, how would I go about doing this? It works for my old skin, but the new one doesn't have the traditional nav bar so it won't display there and it doesn't seem to work in the profile drop down either.

6 minutes ago, Lycanth said:

It's hard to post a screen because it doesn't show up on it at all. On my original skin it shows but as soon as I switch over to the new skin it's not there at all. Perhaps you can take a look or tell me which code you need to see?

I need to know what are you talking about. This?

Capturar.png

Good morning, just purchased and using on 4.1.10,

Works in acp and in new 4.1.10 themes, but when I try to change an existing post to be authored by one of my linked accounts, everything looks to work but it does not change? Any thoughts on why it would let me choose a new author, but not change when I click edit topic?

1.png

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

UPDATE: Posting a new post as a linked account seems to work great, so only issue is changing existing posts.

Edited by Shawn Tierney
19 minutes ago, Shawn Tierney said:

UPDATE: Posting a new post as a linked account seems to work great, so only issue is changing existing posts.

It is working as it should. According to its description:

The POST AS feature allows the user with linked accounts to create/reply to a topic using a Linked Account.

This app never had an option to change a post author.

I can take this as a suggestion for a future version.

• 1 month later...

@Adriano Faria I posted a topic as a linked account (not the one signed in at the time) but it says in the activity stream 'Guest posted a topic in x category'.

When I click to read the topic, it displays correctly - Its posted as the other account (not as a guest).

I believe I am running the latest version available.